𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘩 𝘶𝘱𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘴

🍯🎻📜 | 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬.

CHAPTER ELEVEN❛ the harsh ups and downs ❜

CHAPTER ELEVEN
the harsh ups and downs

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

     FINALLY being back in England made Lucienne think about the last letter she had sent to her parents.

     It was only a few days ago, and its content mainly consisted of her finally informing them about Colin and the fact that they were engaged. And she promised them that she would send them another letter once she was in London, so they could know she was safe.

     Of course, she knew that her parents would care more about the marriage part of the letter since getting married was the sole thing they wanted Lucienne to do. And she also knew that they would be absolutely beaming because they'd think that she had finally taken their advice about settling down. However, they would be completely wrong about that.

     She was not doing this for them. She was doing this for herself and because she and Colin loved each other so much. And it made her angry that they would shift a situation that was supposed to be focused on her and change it onto themselves. Of course, all of those potential thoughts and opinions were yet to be confirmed, but she simply knew her parents so well. Maybe in an enigmatic alternate version of her life, her parents would be happy for her solely because they were genuinely elated that she found the love of her life. However, the odds of that fairytale dream happening were slim to none, in Lucienne's strong opinion.

     Mulling over what her parents' imminent thoughts would be about everything she was doing was not what Lucienne wanted to think about at that moment. Because she knew she had much more important things to simultaneously ponder and stress over, such as whether or not Colin's family would like her. And the uncertainty of whether or not the answer to that question would be a "yes" or a "no," severely frightened her.

     It was almost as if Colin could sense the nervousness radiating off the golden-haired girl because he lightly placed his hand in hers and gave hers a small reassuring squeeze as the carriage they were in started getting nearer and nearer to his home.

     "I know that look," He said, leaning in close to her and placing a kiss on her temple. "Please do not be nervous. They will love you."

     "It is hard not to be nervous," Lucienne admitted and breathed out a small sigh. "This first impression and interaction are quite important."

     "They are going to love you. I am almost certain of it," Colin reiterated. "But, even if they somehow do not, just know that it will not change the way I feel. I love you, Lucy."