𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘢𝘷𝘦

🍯🎻📜 | 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬.

CHAPTER EIGHT
the crashing wave

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

     THE dress is absolutely beautiful. That was the first thought that came to Lucienne's mind when she saw her friend. Elizabeth was wearing the long white dress for her soon-to-be wedding, which was a little over a week away, trying it on for the second time at the dress shop they were at.

     "Liz, you look so stunning," Lucienne told her, a wide smile gracing her lips. Seeing how genuinely elated her friend looked wearing the dress made her heart swell with nothing but enjoyment.

     "Thank you," Elizabeth smiled back at the golden-haired girl. "I am feeling quite excited but nervous as well."

     "There is no need to be nervous. You and Charles both sincerely love each other," Lucienne told her. "However, I do understand why you are feeling that way. I would be the same."

     Elizabeth quirked up a curious eyebrow. "You have actually been thinking about marriage?"

     Lucienne internally sighed, knowing that she had brought that question upon herself due to her previous statement. In all honesty, she had not been fully entertaining the idea of marriage, but she could not lie and say that the thought did not sometimes cross her mind, especially on days she spent with Colin that she never wanted to end.

     "Not necessarily," Lucienne finally responded. "But, I feel as if I just know that is how I would be."

     "Oh, okay. It would not be a bad thing if your mind did start roaming toward it, now that you are with someone that truly makes you happy. Mindsets change all the time, Lucy," Elizabeth stated, and it was one of those moments where Lucienne truly admired her friend. The brunette girl was only about two years older than her; however, she seemed so much wiser. "Anyway, though, have you asked Colin about coming to the wedding with you?"

     The golden-haired girl shook her head. "It has slipped my mind recently, but I will ask him when I see him later today."

     Elizabeth proceeded to nod at her response and then glanced at herself one final time in the full-length mirror before heading back to the changing area to slip out of the dress; luckily, there were no further alterations that needed to be made to it.

     As Lucienne waited for her to return, the girl could not help but let her mind travel to the thought of Colin and what Elizabeth said. The brunette girl was completely correct; mindsets toward certain subjects changed all of the time. However, Lucienne felt unsure if she was a thousand percent ready to let hers change.