𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺

🍯🎻📜 | 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬.

CHAPTER SIX❛ the other side of happy ❜

CHAPTER SIX
the other side of happy

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

     "PLEASE, you must tell me everything. I have been dying to know what happened."

     Lucienne looked over at Elizabeth, who said that previous statement, and she smiled as she briefly replayed the events from a few nights ago with Colin in her mind.

     "To keep it short, the night was great, and your advice worked amazingly," Lucienne finally responded, the same happy smile still on her face.

     "Oh, I am so glad," Elizabeth grinned back at her friend. "Now, do tell me the long story. We have much time before our class."

     The pair was currently walking to the small building that their advanced reading and writing classes were held in, and they still had about fifteen minutes before they made it there. Lucienne proceeded to launch into the more long-winded story, not leaving even the smallest detail out because of how elated it made her feel talking about it.

     "I am so happy for you, Lucy," Elizabeth said, looking over at the golden-haired girl when she finished speaking. "You remind me of how I first felt with Charles."

     "Honestly, it feels a tad bit insane how fast my feelings came for him. I have never felt this way for anyone before, and I truly did not think I would," Lucienne admitted, her words spilling out into the air softly. There was more she wanted to say, but she decided to refrain from it, although her mind still felt slightly in disarray.

     Everything with Colin felt so right; so perfect. And Lucienne knew that now it was time to wait for the other shoe to drop. For things to take their drastic turn. And for the love of all that was good in the world, she truly hoped that would never happen. However, that did not stop her brain from upsettingly making its way in that thought direction at times.

     She wanted to tell her good friend how she was feeling about everything, but she also felt that it would be best to simply bury those feelings down and hope that they eventually went away.

     "That is how love works. Sometimes it hits you abruptly," Elizabeth said, responding to the golden-haired girl's statement from before.

     Lucienne could feel the heat rise to her cheeks. "But, I do not love Colin yet."

     "Yet being the keyword." Elizabeth was quick to say with a small smirk gracing her lips. "I promise it will more than likely happen sooner rather than later for you and him."