Chapter 1

"Lila!" Somebody shouts from behind me. When I turn around my best friend is charging towards me with a huge smile and arms wide open.  I instantly match her smile and brace myself for a bone-crushing hug.

"Ava! How was your summer?" I ask while embracing her tightly.

"Well it was a little boring thanks to you! Don't ever leave me during summer again!" Ava whines. *Que eye roll* Always such a drama queen.  This happens at least once a year when I 'leave' her for one of my annual family vacations. 

"So what classes did you get? Do we have the same classes?" My eager mind is dying to know.

"Let's see your schedule," she says, holding out her hand.

Taking out a white piece of paper with my class schedule on it, I hurriedly hand it to Ava. She pulls her's out and puts it side by side with mine to compare them, "We have...one...two...three classes together," She exclaims after carefully looking it over. "Hey, same as last year's too!"

My hands grab for the two pieces of paper to verify. Sure enough, the writing on the paper confirms it, English, P.E., and Math, same as last year. 

English is our first period of the day, luckily we're already in the English hallway. "Oh wait! I forgot to grab my books." Thank the lord I remembered before going into class on the first day, bookless. Ava see's the worry behind my eyes and agrees to walk with me to get it, even though she wasn't exactly ecstatic.

 We rush down the hallway and make a sharp right turn, after passing a few rows of lockers I finally see mine. At least I think that's mine, there are too many people blocking my view. I push my way through the overcrowded high school, and around the screaming girls who "haven't seen each other in like forever!"

"Who is that?" Ava whispers, nudging me with her elbow. My eyes wander until finally landing on the tall, male specimen standing directly in front of my locker. Head down, he appears to be looking at something, intentively. 

"I have no idea. I don't think I've seen him here before, is he new?" We continue to walk while discussing the new 'hot topic'. As we get closer, my nerves begin to rise. I have no clue why I am getting so nervous, I don't even know this person, perhaps that is what has me anxious. We finally approach him, but he seems to be unaware of our presence.

"Ahem!" Ava startles me by loudly, and most obnoxiously clearing her throat. My head snaps towards her, eyes widening in disbelief, leave it to Ava to not make things awkward. Her sarcastic smirk has me rolling my eyes. We both look back at the mystery man, who still seems to be distracted by whatever is in his hand.

With a sigh, I step in front of her, "Umm... excuse me? Could I please get through here?" I ask quite timidly. He looks up, and his gorgeous blue-green eyes meet mine, taking me aback. I sharply inhale as his confident grin sends butterflies erupting in my stomach. His messy head of black hair is perfectly displayed, ending at the base of his neck. 

"Oh, I'm sorry about that," he says coolly, stepping out of the way. I'm pulled out of my trance when I realize he actually spoke words.

"It's okay don't even worry about it! It's totally fine. You didn't even see me so how could you know to move? Accidents happen. It's all good, really." I babble on while trying to get my books out quickly so I can leave and end my embarrassing awkwardness. "Well bye." I mumble while quickly shutting my locker. I hear him chuckle as I walk away, that's perfect, way to play it cool Lila. Ava smirks when she notices the change in my behavior.

A few minutes pass before she begins interrogating me, "So...what was that all about?" 

My eyes look anywhere but hers as I try to control the huge grin on my face and my erratic heartbeat, "I have no idea what you're talking about." Knowing Ava, she is not buying it, and another attempt at dishonesty fails yet again for me.

She laughs, "Mhm... sure you don't". I choose to remain silent as we walk into English. I'm relieved when Ava decides to drop the subject, for now anyways. 

Fifteen minutes into English and I am already bored. I stare out the window, admiring the beautiful blue sky and the colorful trees swaying quietly in the wind. I would give anything to be out there soaking up the sun, rather than being cooped up in this smelly old classroom. My mind starts to wander to this morning, back to the awkward run-in I had with that mystery guy. I have to find out what his name is-

"LILA!"

I jump as a very irritated teacher pulls me from my thoughts; her voice continues to ring through my ears, "Is there something outside that is more important than my teaching?"

As much as I want to tell her that absolutely anything is more important than her teaching, I shake my head no. "Sorry Mrs.... umm..." great of course I had to forget her name too.

"Klark, my name is Mrs. Klark," she corrects me.

"Right sorry Mrs. Klark, it won't happen again". I can already tell I am going to have a rough year with this teacher. I look over to Ava who is giggling her butt off. "Oh shut up Ava," my head turns away from her as I cross my arms in frustration.

"Oh come on, you have to admit that was pretty funny. I mean the first day of school and 'Ms. Goody-Two-Shoes' already gets into trouble." She says still giggling. Her contagious laughter causes a few chuckles to escape, but I still have the 'I hate you' expression for her. 

After almost an hour and a half of pretending to listen to this teacher, the bell rings and Ava and I say our goodbyes since we don't have the same class next. I feel excited to go back to my locker, maybe I'll see him again? When I turn the corner, my eyes search for that one tall, broad figure with the black jeans. When there is no sign of him, I feel disappointed but relieved at the same time. I wonder where he is? Probably in class,  dumby.

I walk up to my locker and spin the dial to 3-16-27, jimmying the handle to open it up. I attempt to juggle putting my books away while taking out new ones, but two predictably slip from my arms. My hand reaches out to catch one of them only causing me to drop the one in that hand. Next thing I know, half of my books are on the ground collecting dirt. "Of course." I mutter to myself, bending down to pick them up. My arm stretches to pick up the last two, but instead a pair of strong hands pick them up for me with ease.

"Here you go," the deep, familiar voice speaks while handing me back my books. When I look up, the same pair of mesmerizing eyes meet mine again.

I try to calm myself as I feel a blush creeping on my face from embarrassment. "Oh um... thanks" I say nervously, taking the books I need and putting the others back.

"Josh" he says.

"What?" Confusion is clear on my face.

"My name is Josh," he explains with a beautiful smile.

"Oh! Gotcha. I'm Lila" Do I shake his hand or is that weird? Uh-oh, now nobody is saying anything, he's just staring at me like predator about to attack it's prey. Just say something, anything!

I look down at my shoes, obviously avoiding eye contact, "S-so...how is-"

Suddenly I feel two fingers gripping my chin, tilting my head upwards. My heart races, now I am forced to look into those eyes. My breathing becomes uneven when he leans in closer, for a second I think he's about to kiss me. "Well its nice to meet you, Lila" he whispers in my ear. When he pulls back, I look at him with pure shock written on my face.

"See you later," he smirks with a final wink. My eyebrows raise as my jaw hits the floor, I am frozen; my feet are practically nailed to the ground. What the fuck just happened? 

A/N: Well this was just the first chapter so far, I know its short but i just wanted to get this story out there. I hope you guys like it and keep reading!! Ill upload again soon! So vote, comment, and become a fan!!! Also, be sure to check out the sequel to this called 'Love is Limitless'. I hope you all will enjoy my books! Thanks guys!! :)