Chapter 6

My mouth was wide open, screaming in silence. I stood there for a few seconds, blinking, not being able to believe what was happening. Seeing Niall’s eyes flutter and look at me got me moving.

                “WHAT’RE YOU PEOPLE DOING? SOMEONE CALL 911! CALL THE AMBULANCE. HE MIGHT DIE. HURRY THE HELL UP,” I yelled, looking around frantically to see if anyone was calling the ambulance. I saw a lady speaking very fast into her phone. My eyes travelled back to Niall, I wish I knew how to rip my clothes like people to in the movies…

                “SOMEONE GET ME A CLOTH OR A TOWEL, ANYTHING, GET SOMETHING TO STOP HIS BLEEDING,” I yelled. A bunch of handkerchiefs flew my way. One by one, I wound them around his neck, hoping it wasn’t too tight, but not lose at all. Niall’s eyes were closed now, but he lifted his hands up as to hold my hands.

                “It’s going to be okay, it’s going to be okay, I won’t let anything happen to you. The ambulance or on their way, I promise. You’re not going to die. I love you Niall. You’re the best friend ever. You’re not going to die, I won’t let you…” I whispered endless words of confidence to him over and over again.

                I closed my eyes, still whispering to him that he’s going to live. I brought his hands up to my mouth, murmuring against his palms.

                “Don’t worry; you’re not going to die. I promise.  It’s okay Niall, only a little longer, only a little longer,”

                “I love you Romy, you’re family. I know you want me to believe I’m going to survive, but if I don’t tell mom, dad and Jessica that I love them, tell the boys I wish them the best lives ever, tell them to never forget me…” Niall choked out.

                “Shut up Niall, just shut up. You’re not going to die, don’t stay stuff like that, just shut up okay. Nothing’s going to happen to you, you’re going to live okay,” I told him.

***

                I paced back and forth in the waiting room, my face teary and filled with worry. I was too freaked out to sit down. I looked over at Niall’s family, their face stony and blank, emotionless, like they still haven’t grasped the idea of the fact that their son was about to die. 

                I went up to his mom; she flinched away like I was a disease. Again, it was like they’ve shunned me.  She looked up at me with that same blank, emotionless face, not even curious as to why I had come up to her.

                “Do you know why you’re here?” I asked her. When she didn’t answer, I repeated my question. She just looked up at me, her face emotionless. I went over to Niall’s sister, asking her the same question; she looked up at me as well with the same stony, emotionless glare. I repeated myself, she didn’t answer.

                I sighed and went over to Niall’s dad now, his sister and mother stared at me.

                “Do you know why you’re here?” I asked his dad. When he didn’t answer after I asked twice, I blew it.

                “YOUR SON WAS ABOUT TO DIE. He was pouring blood, OUT OF HIS NECK. He’s in intense care right now, the doctors haven’t said anything. What type of sick parents are you? Do you not care for your son? This is just so wrong. After he became famous, you lost track of yourself, you lost track of Niall. You forgot how to love him… Your son might die. Do you not care at all? What the hell is wrong with you people” I walked off, so I wouldn’t start breaking things.

                My eyes flared off of the ground and I stopped dead in my tracks. The doctor was out, and he had a grim expression on his face, like he didn’t want to say what he was about to say next.

                “He has low chances of surviving.”