Chapter 2:

Chapter 2

~Romy~

I scanned my texts looking for that one name I loved. Getting disappointed by the second when I couldn’t find Niall’s name. I sigh, thinking it’s probably because he’s got no signal; I hate airplanes and the stress they give me. Laying down in bed and closing my eyes, I imagine how it would look like when I meet him.  

Being his best friend was awesome. No matter how famous he got, he was always the same around me. I loved him like a brother and was always comfortable around him. Sighing, again, at how much I missed our all day talking sprees. At least he still texts and calls me all the time.

My eyes flash open at the sound of a beep. Hoping it would be Niall, I jump out of bed and look at my phone. It’s him! And he’s coming home in a while! I do the best happy dance I could manage and run around my room trying to get dressed while brushing my hair.

**************************************

“He’s coming, he’s coming, and he’s coming home!” I yell while running down the streets.  As I walk over to Niall’s place, I think of what he will wear, what I’ll say, what we’ll eat, so much to think about! Again, I daydream about how our encounter will be like.

Running inside his house I spot his mom and dad, I wish them a good day and rush to find Niall’s sister.  I tell her that he’s coming home soon. She stares at me without saying anything, turns around and walks down the stairs. I freeze, thinking about what I might’ve done wrong. Coming up with nothing, I walk back down the stairs with her; she doesn’t look back at me. I spot her parents again, and they look up at me with the same stony glare. I start to ask them why they were treating me this way when Niall’s mom interrupts me.

“I don’t want you here today when Niall comes home,” she says. I wanted to ask why but I got interrupted again.

“You’re a bad influence for him, you treat him like your brother, but when you guys fight it goes crazy. He gets sad for days… His manager even started complaining to us when he wouldn’t sing properly in some of the concerts. You’re not doing him any good Romy. I think you better leave.”

I didn’t know what to say… I didn’t know what to think. I was frozen, again. I had no idea where this came from. Niall and I didn’t fight… well not a lot that is. And when we did we would always make up in the end. He would hug me and tell me that he’s sorry, I’d do the same. I never knew he was actually still hurt afterwards, he always acted so perfectly normal and I just didn’t know… With tears stinging my eyes I walk out the door…

I didn’t know where to go, didn’t know what to think. I started randomly walking, not knowing how, but I made sure to avoid going home. I couldn’t face my parents, not now. I ended up walking to the little creak where Niall and I would always have our picnics. I sit at the big rock by the water. Closing my eyes and thinking about what I’ve been told. Not being able to grasp the thought of leaving Niall. It just can’t happen, I won’t let it, we’re best friends, and nothing can come in our way… Nothing.

Closing my eyes , refusing to cry even though the tears still poured out, I walked home. I knew where I was going even with my eyes closed. Bumping into someone my eyes opened slightly. It was Niall…