Chapter 3

Chapter 3

~Romy~

                … Niall hugged me fiercely, hugging him back just wanted to make me cry again. I held back  my tears, not wanting to ruin his first day back. When he stopped hugging me, I looked up into his eyes. You shouldn’t have done that, I told myself. No matter how well I act, Niall’s always able to see something’s wrong through my eyes.

                “What happened? You look like you’ve been crying, is everything alright? I’ve missed you so much! I’m so glad to be back!” he said.

                I looked up silently into his eyes, again, not knowing what to say. I quietly whispered what his parents had said.

                “I’m not allowed to see you anymore… your parents think I’m a bad influence to you,”

                He looked at me carefully, not being able to believe what I had just said. Slowly, his eyes widened and his mouth started to open into a shocked face. He grabbed me quickly and hugged me hard.

                “You’re my bestfriend, they can’t do this! Come, let’s go. We have to talk to them and sort this out,”

                He pulled my hand as if to draw me away. I didn’t move. He looked back, is eyebrows pulled together in worry.

                “You can’t fight with them, not today Niall, not now. They’re your family; they’ve been waiting for a long time to see you again. Please don’t fight with them now… it won’t do any good,” I said, trying to make him understand. I knew he was close with family, he should understand, I know he will.

                “Okay…” he replied. “But we’ll talk to them tomorrow, for sure. Again, you’re my best friend Romy, you’re like family, and they can’t take you away. They can’t separate us,”

                “I know , I know that Niall, just get home and enjoy your welcome back party, okay? I’ll see you tomorrow,” I gave him a quick hug after I said that, and left quickly not wanting him to see the tears that were about to fall down my face.

** The Next Day **

“Niall, be reasonable, she’s not good for you… You cry and look bad for hours after you guys have a little fight… Girls out in other countries get jealous of her; she’s not good for you at all Niall. We can see that she doesn’t make you happy. Sometimes, people even think you’re dating, and you know how bad that is for your public status,” Niall’s father explained, not bothering to look at me while insulting me.

“For one dad, I cry and look bad for hours because I’m afraid I’m going to lose her, and that little fights are going to make us drift away from each other. Second of all, girls from other countries should be jealous, but they’d be even more jealous if I had a girlfriend so… and third of all, Romy’s my best friend, I’ve made that very clear for a long time. She’s the only person that actually… pays attention to me dad, the guys in the band know me, but they haven’t spent their childhood with me, they haven’t taught me how to ride a bike, they haven’t taught me how to win pie eating contests, they haven’t made me who I am. All my other friends fit into that too… Romy made me who I am Dad, she built me dad, she got me to where I am now, and without her I wouldn’t have had the confidence to sing in front of a big audience… Dad, she’s important to me and I’m not letting her go. She’s my best friend, and she’s staying,” Niall replied, looking pretty calm but angry at the same time.

I thought of how bad he must’ve really been feeling right now, I could see it in his eyes, and he was hurting. He was always a sensitive guy; I wanted to go over and hug him and tell him it would be okay… But his parents would kick me out right this second if I did so.