CHAPTER FOURTEEN!

"Girl Meets Goodbye" 

TJ walks up the steps the next day of school, furrowing his eyebrows when he heard the screams of Riley and Maya

TJ walks up the steps the next day of school, furrowing his eyebrows when he heard the screams of Riley and Maya. He walks over to the two girls who stood in the middle of the hallway looking upset. "Uh, what's up with the screaming?" TJ hesitantly asked, not for sure if he wants to hear the answer.

"Riley is moving to London." Maya replied, looking at him with a frown.

TJ's eyes grew wide and he looks at Riley with shock. "What?! You can't go to London! You do know that's, like, over 3000 miles from here? You can't go to London!"

"Yes, I do know that London is very very far away." Riley sighs sadly. She shrugs. "And I don't know if I'm going to London yet." 

"Mind telling me why you might be moving to London?" TJ tilted his head to the side, looking at her curiously.

"My mom got a promotion, but it's in London and she hasn't decided yet." Riley responded. 

A frown tugs on TJ's lips, having a feeling that he knows that Topanga will most likely take the promotion. Who wouldn't? If he was in Topanga's position he probably would especially if he was given a raise. 

TJ follows the girls into the History classroom and goes to sit down at his seat the same time Maya sits down. Riley looks at the class, noticing they all looked upset. "Wow, so much emotion. Why is everybody so emotional when nothing's happening?"

"Because it is happening, Riley." Farkle replied as she sat down. 

Riley looks at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Why are you so sure?"

"Look at the board." Farkle pointed at the board that read 'Belgium 1831'. 

"Belgium 1831." Cory said to the class. "The Netherlands was a group of friendly states who thought they'd stay together forever..."

"Uh-oh." Maya frowned.

Farkle nods. "Belgium 1831 is us." 

TJ frowns. "I don't like this." 

"...Until Belgium 1831 decided it was time to go." Cory continued.

"Uh-oh!" Maya turns to Smackle. "S-Smackle, do something!"

Smackle looks at her with confusion. "What do I do?"

"You-"

"Ask important questions!" Farkle finishes Maya's sentence. "He erases it if you ask important questions." Farkle told Smackle. 

"Gotcha." Smackle nods and stands up. She looks at Cory. "Why are we here? What is the meaning of love? Is there a destiny that shapes our ends? What's the deal with artificial intelligence? If it's artificial, can it be intelligent? Yes."

"Great job," TJ chuckles lightly. "But I don't think it worked."  

Smackle sits back down as Cory continues to talk. "It was decided that Belgium would no longer be part of the United Kingdom of the Netherlands, but its own independent country. Belgium was free."