CHAPTER TWO!

"Girl Meets High School-Part 2"

The next day TJ woke up to his alarm, took a shower, and got dressed

The next day TJ woke up to his alarm, took a shower, and got dressed. After grabbing his backpack and phone, he went downstairs and into the kitchen, sighing when he noticed a note from his parents. He didn't even bother to read the note, but he could see the words early and work from where he stood. He assumed that meant they went to work early. He greeted the maids and the butler when he had walked down the stairs, and they greeted him back. He had always been sure to be kind and nice to them unlike his parents, who barely gave them any respect. He didn't understand how people could be so cruel and treat people like that. He thought people should be treated with respect, especially people who work hard every day.

As he ate breakfast, he talked with the staff, asking them about their day and how they were doing. He had always talked with them and checked in on them since his parents wouldn't. He had gotten used to them being there, and it was nice having someone to talk to when he needed advice or wanted to rant about something. They were like a second family to him. Well, honestly they were more like family to him than his own parents were.

Once he was finished, he walked outside and waited for the limo to arrive. It arrived shortly after, and the driver opened the door for him. "Thank you." He smiled politely as he climbed into the back. He set his backpack beside him and pulled out his headphones from his pocket. As he put them on, he closed his eyes and rested his head against the headrest.

The ride was smooth and quiet. He had been dreading going to school in the limo, knowing he would most likely be the talk of the school and he didn't want that. But he didn't really feel like walking to school again either. When the limo pulled up in front of the school, TJ opened his eyes and sighed heavily at seeing some of the students outside looking at the limo and talking to each other. This is exactly what he was trying to avoid. He thanked the driver as he unbuckled and grabbed his backpack. He slid out of the limo and walked towards the school, keeping his head down to avoid eye contact with anyone. He could feel everyone's eyes on him, and he was starting to feel overwhelmed. He could hear their whispers as he passed by, and it wasn't until a familiar voice spoke up that everyone had stopped staring.

"You guys don't have anything better to do?" Maya questioned, raising an eyebrow at them.

The students who had been staring and whispering looked away, and the whispering soon died down. TJ felt a wave of relief when the attention was no longer on him. He glanced at Maya and gave her a grateful smile.

"Thanks." He said as he walked beside her.

Maya grins, playfully bumping her shoulder against his. "No problem. I was getting annoyed with them anyway. Plus, it was fun seeing them get nervous and scared."

TJ let out a small chuckle. "Yeah, I bet. You have a bit of an intimidating presence, you know?"

Maya shrugs, a grin still present on her face. "I've been told that a few times."