CHAPTER ONE!

"Girl Meets High School-Part 1"

TJ has mixed feelings about today because today is his first day of high school

TJ has mixed feelings about today because today is his first day of high school. It's also his first day of school in New York. He has been in New York for at least a week, but he hasn't met anyone yet. Most of that week consisted of moving to New York, unpacking, and decorating the house.

In TJ's mind, today could be the start of something great, or a disaster. It could be both, if things go really badly. TJ was hoping for something in between, something mediocre. Something that wasn't too bad, but wasn't too good either. TJ doesn't need any more attention than he's already going to get. As a new kid, he's sure all eyes will be on him and he's dreading that.

TJ doesn't want attention, and he isn't used to having it. His parents were never really around at home. They were always at work or who knows where else. They were rich, and they loved to flaunt it. TJ knew his parents didn't care about him as much as they cared about their money. They didn't pay him any mind, and TJ didn't expect them to. His parents had always been distant. He was used to it. He didn't see them much, he saw the maids and his butler more than he saw his parents.

The one thing TJ really hates about his parents is the way they throw money around like it's nothing. His parents love spending money, and he doesn't get it. TJ doesn't think they've ever been in a situation where money could have saved them, or someone they care about. They have never been poor. Their family has been wealthy for years, and they plan on keeping it that way.

TJ has always been uncomfortable with money, even though he has a lot of it. He feels guilty for buying things for himself, which is why he doesn't buy many things. When he does buy things, he always gets the cheapest option, no matter how small the difference between prices is. TJ doesn't understand how his parents can just spend money without even blinking. It seems wrong to him. He even goes out of his way and helps others, but only when he knows nobody's looking.

TJ doesn't talk about his discomfort around money with his parents. He doesn't know how they would react. TJ isn't close with his parents. He has no idea what their opinions are, so he doesn't say anything. TJ is afraid to speak up around his parents, and he's scared of them. That's probably a major reason why he's not close with them. TJ doesn't remember a time when his parents cared about him. He has no memory of a time where his parents comforted him, or told him that they loved him. He can't remember a single moment where they said they were proud of him, or anything close to that. TJ's parents don't give him love...Well, if you call them giving him gifts and taking him places love. To him, that's not love. To him, that's them throwing their money at him to get him to stop being sad. It works, but only temporarily.

TJ knows he should be grateful. After all, his parents do give him money. They give him everything he needs, and then some. They provide him with food, clothes, shelter, and whatever else he needs. So, TJ should be happy. He should be ecstatic, but he's not. He's miserable. TJ can't be happy when his parents barely show any interest in him. He's their son, and they don't give him the time of day. He can't be happy when the two people who should care about him, don't. He can't be happy knowing the only reason his parents give him stuff is because they feel guilty for not paying him any attention.