CHAPTER SEVEN!

"Girl Meets True Maya"

"Pompeii." Cory points at the word 'Pompeii' on the board. He looks at Lucas and points at him. "Lucas."

Lucas looks up at Cory from looking at his desk. "You mean 'Farkle'?"

Cory smiles. "I mean 'Lucas'."

"Oh." Lucas said.

"I want to see what you know." Cory told Lucas.

"Okay, here's what I know." Lucas smiles. He pats Farkle on the shoulder. "Farkle."

Farkle looks back at him with a smile. "Why, thank you." He looks at Cory. "Pompeii was an ancient village in Italy located near the beauty and culture of Naples. It was a resort town where the wealthy would go to soak up the sun."

Lucas nods. "It was like the Hawaii of Italy."

Cory smiles at him with amusement. "Thanks, Lucas."

Lucas grins, saluting him. "Call on me anytime."

Riley turns to Maya with a smile. "Pompeii sounds so beautiful, Maya. We should go there. We should go there and be calm."

Cory laughs. "Let me tell you about a whole city that became very calm very quick. Now, who here knows about Mount Vesuvius?"

"Mount Vesuvius was a pent up, boiling cauldron of 'I-wanna-do-somethin'." Maya smiled.

"Vesuvius sat quiet for a long time, but then it did what volcanos in time must do." Cory explains. "It 'sploded!"

Riley worriedly looks at him. "Why does a volcano have to 'splode?"

"Because if it doesn't then it'll just blow up worse later." Cory replies to her. He looks at the class. "Vesuvius wiped out the entire population of Pompeii. It was one of the greatest natural disasters the world had ever known."

Riley turns to Maya, slamming her hands on Maya's desk. "Okay, then do it right now. Do what you need to do to be Maya, but please don't wipe all of us out, Peaches."

TJ lifts his head up from resting it on his arms that were on his desk and furrowed his eyebrows when the fire alarm suddenly went off. He doesn't remember a fire drill happening today. "That's it! Oh, a fire alarm!" Riley exclaims. "Ooh, you sassy troublemaker!" She stands up, outstretching her arms. "Fire alarm, everybody! Yes! Oh my gosh! This is bananas!"

Maya stands up, looking at her with amusement. "You're blood pumpin'?"

Riley grins. "Oh, it's so pumpin'!"

"You didn't do it, did you?" TJ asked Maya.

Maya shakes her head. "Nope. Didn't do it."

Riley looks at Maya with a frown. "Yes, you did." She turns to the class. "Okay, single file, everybody! Choo-choo! Everybody find a safety buddy." She grabs Maya's arm. "My safety buddy is Maya!"