8: A DAY OUT

~Shanaya~

I was about to get off my bed when the blanket that was glued to my body got stuck between my legs and I fall front face with a thud voice.

wow..what a morning.

"Good morning Miss. clumsy" 

I gave him a death glare "I told you that I.AM.NOT.CLUMSY, this.."

he cut me off and completed my sentence "gravity is shameless"

"yeah", I said by removing the blanket from my legs & finally standing on my feet. I instantly noticed Varun's appearance, he was wearing black jeans with a dark blue t-shirt, well this is the first time I have seen him in casuals else he was always in his business suits.

"When did you change?" I asked him

"when you were sleeping, I guess" he answered me with an-obviously-look.

"ugh, I mean do you carry extra clothes with yourself"

"No, I don't, I called Ritik to bring me some clothes from my penthouse and I used your bathroom to clean myself"

my mouth becomes 'O' shape "cool" I said with a nod.

"By the way how is your neck pain? Your bruises are nowhere to be seen now!"

"It's fine now"

Crap Shanaya, why don't you thanked him

"ammm..being Saturday it's off today, would you mind coming on a walk with me?" he asked me by raising his eyebrow.

"walk!?"  I asked myself more than him.

"yeah," he said by shrugging his shoulders.

Walk, yeah that's a great idea, I can say thanks to him.

"Yeah" I said by nodding.

"Yeah?" He asked in confirmation with a cheerful smile.

"Yeah" I said by widening my eyes and nodding at the same time.

"Cool, I'll see you downstairs then"

"K"

____________________

At the park

"The weather is lovely, isn't it?" I asked Varun. We both are sitting on the bench at the park just trying to have a conversation.

"Yeah, it is" he answered with a smile.

Ugh..why the hell this thanking stuff is so difficult! Don't judge me but I say thanks even to a shopkeeper during purchasing but when I seriously should thank to a person, I am here thinking how to! It's just that I can't find words, I mean I want to say a lot but don't know-how. Damn it.

"Ice-cream?" Varun asked me.

Perfect, this will give me some time to find words to thank him

"Yeah, sure," I said with a smile.

Varun got off the bench and headed towards the ice-cream van, well that van can not be seen from my direction but I saw it before entering into the park, so I guessed that the van is still there.

Okay, Shanaya focus now, hi Varun! thanks for helping me yesterday. 'Hi, Varun' like seriously! He is here, there is no need to add hi and all stuff just keep it natural. Okay fine, ahm ahm thanks for being there for me. Ughhhhh....If I were this much focused on my board exams then I would be the state topper instead of my school topper.

"Aghhhhh" I hear Varun's screaming. He was running in my direction with such loud screaming that I can even see his uvula in his mouth. "Holy shit! I got involved with the bad people." Varun hold my wrist and pulled me down on the pavement, making Me run along with him. my senses became alert immediately. He looks behind us and continues to run with fear in his eyes. my heart beat skyrocketed and I held his hand tighter as we ran.

"what bad people?" I asked, breathlessly in fear.

"the puppy mafia!" he yelled & looked behind us. I turned around to find a whole group of puppies chasing us. They seemed angry but they were cute at the same time." Aww, they look so cute" I said between breaths. 

"They will look more cute, when they will bite us" Varun annoyingly said with fear between his breaths.

"What did you do Varun?" I asked trying to stifle my laughter at the whole situation. It only made me laugh more at Varun's serious expression.

"I accidentally stepped on their tails" he yelled by looking around trying to search for something. Suddenly, something tugged on my heels and I look behind to see one puppy biting the hem of my pants. okay so now I am scared too. "aghh...Varun help me" I shouted in terror. "aren't they cute now?" he sarcastically said in his breaths. I smack on his shoulder "shut up and just help me" I said in annoyance by looking behind. "Oh my god! Varun! they are so close" I yelled. On instant, he pulled me forward to match his speed and scooped me in his arms.

 "just look for something around so that we can hide," he said breathlessly. I look around and noticed all the people in the park are laughing at us and some people have pity expressions on their faces. Some were cam recording our 'show '. I looked around and see Ritik talking to someone standing with the support of his car. god!! this man is all-time life-savior. 

"Varun, Ritik is outside of the park with his car, just exit the park."

"okay, call his name so that he won't leave"

On instant I yelled his name and he stopped talking on his phone. He looked here and there but at our direction. I again yelled and this time he looked to our direction and his eyes widened.

"just open the door" I yelled, as we were about to reach his car. He instantly opened the door and sit in his car. Varun and I reached his car and he slammed the door shut. we both were catching our breaths, taking as much oxygen we can. Ritik turned his head to us " what the hell was that" and the instant we all started laughing uncontrollably. Just after few minutes, I realized I am still in his arms sitting on his lap. Crap Shanaya, why the hell, such situations always happened with him. I looked towards him and he was also looking at me, probably realizing the situation. holy shit! just don't look in his eyes, just don't Shanaya, please don't. How much I try to maintain the one arm distance and these eye locks, the worst always happens. 

"ahm ahm" Ritik cleared his throat, "guys at least wait till we reach her apartment" on the instant we both came back to the earth and I started shifting from his lap. I sit on the other side as far as I can sit from him. My whole face was flushed and I was looking outside the window. Ritik started the engine and we were now heading towards my apartment. 

After few seconds Varun's phone breaks the 'awkward silence' and he answered the call. 

"What!!" Varun said in complete shock and confusion on his face.

what happened! 

________________________________________________________________________________

                                                               ~LIKE.COMMENT.SHARE~

Hi guys! thankyou so much for your love and support!!

please do write your reviews and lemme know what was your favourite part in this chapter or in the previous chapters.