Chapter 6: Unraveling

On Friday morning, Marinette makes it to class on time but is bothered by Chloe before she can sit down. "Well, well, well, look what the cat dragged in!" Chloe laughs at her own comment. Marinette ignores her and sits next to Alya. Her friends Rose, Juleka, Mylene, And Alix are hovering over Alya's phone.

Alya turns to Marinette excitedly, "Girl, explain everything now!"

Marinette is majorly confused. "What are you talking about?"

Alix chimes in, "Don't act dumb Marinette."

Mylene does too, "C'mon we all know!"

Rose squeals, "So are you and Chat Noir totally in love!??"

This catches Adien's attention. Marinette laughs awkwardly, "I um- what are you talking about?"

"It's on video girl!" Alya holds her phone up to Marinette's face, "And it's viral too!"

Marinette takes her phone. It's a youtube video titled "Chat Noir has a girlfriend" and shows Marinette and Chat Noir saying goodbye last night. Marinette feels a hand on her shoulder, "Is it true, Marinette?" Adrien asks.

Marinette is in utter disbelief, "I- what- how- Who took this!??"

"It's anonymous. Does it matter, it's real footage isn't it?"

Before Marientte can defend herself, class begins. Marinette is bombarded by questions all day.

"What's he like off duty?"

"Why'd he date you out of everyone?"

"Does Ladybug know?"

"Do you know who he really is?"

Adrien watches her drag her feet to every class. He wants to help her but he doesn't know how.

Even Alya is pestering her. Marinette looks down at her food during lunch. "Can you get me an exclusive interview? Ask him to bring Ladybug if you can! You can be interviewed too! I bet everyone wants to know more about Chat Noir's girlfriend!" The only thing keeping Marinete from being akumatized is thinking about seeing Chat Noir tonight.

Adrien interrupts Alya, "Marinette are you okay?"

Marinette looks up from her plate of food. "I'll be okay, thanks Adrien." She manages an appreciative smile.

"Just let me know if you need anything." He sits down at the same table, next to Nino.

Alya's excitement peaks. She gasps, "Is this why you haven't been stuttering lately and turned Luka down in the hallway!? How long has this been going on!?"

Marinette decides she can tell Alya about her romance. She's only her best friend. "Okay okay, I'll tell you everything..." Alya clenches her fist and squeals. "Later."

"Oh come on Marinette! I need to know at least some things right now!"

"What do you want to know? Three questions then." Marinette decides.

Alya bites her lip, trying to contain her excitement and think of the best possible questions to ask. "Okay! For how long??"

"Well the first time we spent time together was months ago when Andre the icecream man got akumatized. His visits only became regular after we got back from New York." Marinette stares off into space, remembering the first time Chat Noir was vulnerable to her.

Alya squeals again. "What about Ladybug does she know?"

"Chat Noir told her." She answers, then takes a sip of water.