Chapter 25

After I changed my name to " Madelyn Bolt" I flew to California with the extra 760,000 I had left. 

Soon after I got there I already had a house bought from when I lived in Texas for those 5 weeks and got bored. So I quit my job at the ring factory and got a pedicure finally because the job wouldn't let me get one.

I had a in home birth and My son
"Leo" was born.

I didn't want him in the system and neither did Ace.
His hair was semi curly and blonde somehow. His eyes where blackish brown like his dads and his lip shape was just like his dads also.

He was so handsome and smart. After 5 months he knew how to crawl so fast and high five. I taught him how to not cry when frustrated and now he is 5 years later he knows all his alphabet and numbers up to 100. Can skateboard and has all A's. He's a fast learner. He knows all his multiplication but he struggles with division.

Everyday I come home hoping to see Ace and just run to to him crying into his arms. I think about how maybe if I stayed in Texas we would be with him. How he's looking for me right now.

Sometimes a thought come across my mind that he's dead but I can't fathom that thought so I shook it out of my head.

"Excuse me?" A man walked up to me while I was working in the back room

It was my friend Tristen. I haven't seen him in F O R E V E RRRRRR.

"Oh my gosh I missed you so much" I jumped on him giving him a hug.

"Yeah I missed you too"

"You came back officially?"

"No..no."he sighed

"Oh damn"i nodded putting my hands on my hips

"I got a new job up in The county areas. It's great and good pay. I'm only here to gather the rest of my things and say bye to the people I love"

"I love you more"I kissed his forehead and it felt like a burning needle stuck my heart.

"You okay?"he asked concerned at me cough my lungs out.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine"I waved off.

"So I was thinking about us going somewhere before I leave.."

"Yeah. What time?"

"What about...now"

"I'm not dressed"I laughed

"You can go back to your apartment and I'll wait for you."

"Okay fine"I agreed getting into his car which was how this whole friendship started.

I didn't get a license because I was afraid so he offered me a ride after noticing I took the bus for everything.

After a while he actually helped me buy a car which he didn't have too because I had 650,000 in my bank account but he did it without telling me so it's nothing I could do about that.

I didn't drive today because I walked for exercise.

Once we got to my house it was a white brick house with 2 floors. Dandelions all over my yard. Cherry blossom trees in front and a banyan tree behind my house. Sunflowers grew on the edge of my house too. It was perfect. It was me.

My son was doing his schoolwork at the table with the hugest smile on his face.

"Hi mom"he laughed

"Hi Leo"

"I saw dad today. He said he was coming back later"

My heart sank to the floor and I didn't even feel myself fall to the ground.