Part One ~ Chapter Nine

“I froze for a split second as my eyes stopped on someone I definitely wasn’t expecting to see ever again.”

-Matt

-----------

                I ran. I ran with everything in me because that seemed to be how I always dealt with things. Running away from them. I ran away from my problem with Tim and Kelley and now I was running away from my problem with Mr. Grey. All this running only ever seemed to cause more problems though, as proved with Mr. Grey after I ran from Tim. I was sure that this time wouldn’t be any different.

                I hadn’t gone running like this in a long time though, and I forgot how refreshing it actually felt. Just my feet pounding on the ground and my heavy breathing somehow was soothing.

                I didn’t mean to pour my anger out like that. I knew it was a stupid thing to do and that it would come back and haunt me. I also knew that the others were probably panicking over me disappearing at a time like then. I felt bad, but I honestly couldn’t deal with being surrounded by everything all at once.

                My feet took me to the park where I remembered hanging out with friends the year before. It was only mere months ago, yet it seemed so far away. Like a different era completely. Everything had changed, but it had also stayed the same. Things could be weird like that.

                Bending over and splaying my hands out over my knees to catch my breath, my eyes darted around the park nervously. The reality of the situation was that Mr. Grey could be anywhere, and if I was alone like this it was highly unlikely I could defend myself. I was in a park filled with people though, so I was safer than I could have been. I also thought schools were safe though, and look how well that had turned out.

                I froze for a split second as my eyes stopped on someone I definitely wasn’t expecting to see ever again. Shaking my head furiously, as if this would do anything, I realized it was him for sure. Tim. Tim was standing a mere few feet from me and I had no fucking clue what to do.

                My first instinct was to turn around and head right back home before I did something I regretted with all this anger I had stored up inside, but that plan was ruined when Tim noticed me. I could tell right away when he did. His eyes narrowed and then his lips twisted into a sick smirk that made me want to throw up. Why was I ever friends with him?

                “Why, look who it is!” I blinked and suddenly Tim was right in front of me, invading my personal space in a way I predicted would end badly. For him.

                “Just leave, Tim,” I spat. I kept the shaking feeling I was starting to get out of my voice by fueling myself with anger. This guy had ruined my life along with Mr. Grey, even if they didn’t know about each other.

                “Now, Matt, why so pissed? You go away and then when you return you don’t even greet your old friend politely. Where is this hate from?” Tim crossed his arms over his chest and raised one eyebrow, as if challenging me to do something.

                “You better get out of here, Tim, before I do something I should have done a long time ago.”

                “Oh yeah? And what might that be?”

                “Rearrange your fucking face.” My hand shot out to punch him but his reflexes were too fast.

                “Hold on, Matt, I wouldn’t do that.” He appeared calm but I noticed him shift away from me slightly.

                “Yeah? And why?” I gritted my teeth.

                “Because we’re in the middle of a public park. There are so many witnesses right here, and I care about you way too much than to let you end up in trouble for assault.” He smirked at me again. Damn. Of course he was right. I couldn’t play this out here, and therefore I would probably never get to give him a nice, satisfying punch. And kick. Or two.

                “What you did to Kelly and I was really shitty,” I hissed. “Don’t think I’m going to forget it.”

                “Oh, you won’t be able to. I know you Matt; it probably haunts you night and day. And each time you think you can get rid of it, it will come back and you’ll run away all over again. Such a great way of dealing with things, by the way.” It took everything in me not to start a scene when staring at the smug look on his face.

                “You fucked up her life.”

                “Mostly hers,” he stated so proudly it made me sick. “But you took all the guilt, so that was probably the best part. Watching your downfall.” Hearing him talk was becoming unbearable and I literally just left him there. I turned around and ran back in the direction of my house. Everything was piling up on my shoulders, and every time I tried to push past it all something would be added to my problems.

                Example A had just happened, and obviously it wasn’t about to stop anytime soon.

________________

Sorry this is late! I had it all written up but I was away for vacation. (Happy New Year by the way!) While I was gone it was hard to find any bit of wifi that worked for longer than a minute without crashing (it was terrible), and plus wattpad was being kind of flaky also (did anything go wrong with you guys-I heard posted chapters were disappearing or something?) so I decided it was best to wait until I got home.

Thoughts on this chapter? That character just threw a little curveball into the mix, huh? Not like Hamilton doesn't have enough of those already, but... :P

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE.....

WATTY AWARDS VOTING HAS OPENED! I was lucky enough to have such amazing readers that got me through the first round into the finalists, so that means I have a chance of being a winner. (!!!!!!!!) So, if you go to www.wattpad.com/watty and click on mystery/suspense, Hamilton Academy is the book at the bottom. Would you pretty please vote for it? It would mean SO MUCH to me you have no idea.

If a book that you wrote made it also, you should message me and I will check it out! 

xx

Ella

Comment, Vote, Fan, AND VOTE FOR ME IN THE WATTYS<3