Book 40: The Defiant Claim

Title: The Defiant Claim

Author: Joflower

Main Genre: Werewolf

Sub-Genre: LGBT+

Number of Chapters: 38

Recommended age of the readers: 18 and older

Mature: Yes

Completed: Yes

Synopsis:

Revenge drove him. Bloodlust raged in his veins. All 22-year-old Mik (Mikwam) wanted was to reclaim his birthright and destroy the alpha that took it from him. He never expected to find his mate within the pack of his enemy -- nor was he expecting his mate to be a male.

Things were finally starting to look up for 18-year-old Sam (Samuel). He joined the ranks as a patrol wolf and was happy to finally be a contributing member of the Zhooniyaa Miskwi (Silver Blood) Pack -- until he finds his mate among the rogues attacking his pack.

Sam's hopes are crushed as Mik vehemently rejects him, yet Sam is the only one keeping Mik alive. Can the two males come together the way the Moon Goddess intended, or will they meet their maker?

Why I liked it:

This is the Second Book of the Claim Series. If you want to read in order, you may. Can be read as a stand alone, but there'll be a bit of a spoiler (not much I think).

This book is so worth the 38 chapters. It's cute and heartwarming to read the characters' bond and become what they there now. It's so worth it I tell you. Go read.

P.S. I'm not a fan of bearded men, but like- come on, Mik is just too adorable-ly annoying to ignore.