Interlude: Once Upon a time...

Once upon a time a monster finally got there happy ending.

Sadly Error wasn't that monster.

He knew he had an origin, an AU that was long gone.

An aftertale, one that never got a chance to become the Afterdeath ending it should have been.

His.. home was long ago scattered into the void.

Damn fate and Damn Ink.

He didn't remember the end, as all was ripped away... only a longing of loss.

Poor Reaper, never got a chance to find out what happened to Geno who he'd just begun to court.

And there was only one aftertale, no way for his Geno to return.

Then Fate inserted him into the multiverse as the destroyer, wiping him of all he knew.

And people wondered why he went insane.

He wasn't alone in his job.

He'd met other such beings that could consider parts of existence like he was now.

He was Destruction.

END... was well... END, he was there from start to finish consuming the multiverse and then starting its rebirth.

He heard the slot for Corruption was yet to be filled, ans he wondered if Fresh would be the one to fill it.

Then...

It happened...

A Fresh wondered in, an Emerald in the rough.

They'd woken him long before he should have from a crash, which should have been impossible.

It was only after the child left, that whatever they had done had kicked in.

He'd crashed again, and all the memories fate stole from him returned.

He didn't know if he wanted to cry or rage, but for once he was whole again.

Fates chains slipped.

He was free after eons of slavery.

Oh he was still the Destroyer, there was no escaping that but no longer would he have to follow fates plan book.

After all, he had a whole new bag of tricks and tips to play with now.

Ink was just a creator after all, not an aspect.

For this.. he laughed.

He'd have to thank the kid later.