Adopting Louis- pt2

“Louis!” Marie called after the giggling boy who was running down the hall. There were backstage of one of the boys concerts. They had made yet a third album and they were on tour for it. Louis had taken off after she had taken his pull-up off to change him. He continued to run down the hall of the backstage area, giggling away. He swerved around people and almost collided with a few. “Louis, get back here right this instant.” She demanded. He stopped laughing but didn’t stop running. Now, he was kinda scared but knew she would never hurt him.

“Whoa buddy.” Paul said as Louis ran and hid behind him. The older man scooped him up. “Louis, why are you naked?” he asked, trying to cover up his area with his jacket.

“Re c-chasing m-me.” he huffed, breathing hard from running so much. Marie caught up with the bodyguard and boy.

“Louis, why did you run away from me?” she asked sternly, huffing some. Louis simply shrugged, burying his head into the man’s shoulder. Paul handed the babysitter the child then took off his jacket, handing it to Marie to carry up Louis’ little bits. “Thanks.” She said before heading back to the boy’s dressing room. “Papa (Zayn), Dada (Niall), Baba (Liam), and Daddy (Harry) aren’t going to be happy when I tell them.” She had dressed him back into some clothes and fresh pull up and was sitting on the couch, giving the boy some milk.

“I sowwy.” He apologized, looking up at her with big blue eyes.

“I accept your apology.” Marie responded, cuddling the boy close and kissing his hair.

*****

“Boo, were you good during the concert?” Liam asked when they had all gotten in the bus to head to their next destination. Louis looked up at Marie almost pleading with her to say that he was fine. Unfortunately for him, Liam was good at reading his expression. “Lou, were you bad?” he asked. Louis nodded timidly. “What did you do?” he stayed quite.

“Louis, go on, tell your daddies what you did.”

“I ran around bafstage wifout my nappy on and my wittle bits showed.” He said meekly and quietly.

“And why did you do that? Was Marie not watching you?” Zayn asked, almost daring Marie to have been at fault.

“Do you really think I would do that? Do you really think that low of me?” she asked, her voice demanding.

“Zayn, calm down, I’m sure it wasn’t her fault.” Niall said trying to calm the boiling boy down. Marie quickly handed Louis to Harry who wrapped his arms around him.

“You’re damn right it wasn’t my fault.” She spat back before throwing an apologetic look at Liam.

“Huh, really? Then you wouldn’t have caused a spectacle of our little boy. Do you know what could happen if things get out about him running amuck around backstage? Shit, that’s what.”

“Both of you stop!” Liam commanded, pushing Marie and Zayn back away from each other, since they had both gotten into each other’s personal space. Marie and Zayn were fuming and Marie took Louis from Harry, rocking him in her arms. He soon fell asleep and she carried him to his bed, laying him down. She tucked him in and headed off to her own room on the bus. Liam and the other boys were reprimanding Zayn for being so mean.

“What the hell was that?” Harry asked.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to go off on her like that.” He said sincerely. “It’s just, I’ve been getting stuff on Twitter saying that I make a terrible parent and I thought that if—” he was cut off as a sob caught in his throat. “I need to go apologize.” He hurried off to Marie’s room. He nodded.

“Go away.” He she yelled and he swore he heard her voice crack.

“Marie, please let me in.” Zayn asked.

“I said go away. I don’t want to talk. You said what needed to be said.” she sniffled. He tried the door and found it to be open. “God, privacy.” She shouted. Luckily she wasn’t naked or anything but she had makeup running down her face and her eyes were red. “I said go away, why did you come in?”

“I want to apologize. I was being a dick. I had just been getting hate from people saying I wouldn’t be a good father and I just wanted someone else to feel bad. I’m sorry.” He had sat down on the corner of her bed. She sighed.

“I accept your apology as long as you won’t kick me out. Because I really need this job and—” he cut her off by hugging her.

“Of course. We would never get rid of you that quickly.” She hugged him back and then followed him back to where the other boys were in the sitting area.

“YAY! Marie is back.” Niall jumped up, hugging her. They all sat down watching some telly before the baby monitor crackled to life.

“I got it.” Marie said standing up. She hurried off to Louis room and headed over to his crib. “Hi, baby.” She cooed. He grinned at her, making grabby hands to be picked up. She lifted him up and carried him off to the boys where he sat the blue eyed boy down on Niall’s lap. She sat back down next to Zayn who whispered.

“Again, I’m sorry I yelled at you.”

“Really, Zee, it’s fine. Let it go.” He nodded, looking over at his boy. “So, where is our next stop?”

“Ohio.”

“Awesome, my home state.”

“Well, then we will just have to visit your hometown.”