Love pt3

One thing that you wouldn’t expect about the boys was Zayn and Liam were surprisingly close. Liam was generally a good big brother to Zayn accept he did have his days.

***

“Liam can you come here?” Louis called.

“Coming, Daddy.” He responded, getting up from his spot on the ground and ran, heading to the kitchen. He round the corner of the hallway, temporarily forgetting about the display of prized plates that Auntie Anne had gotten for Papa. He crashed into it one of the bottom plates toppling down. He scurried out of the way so it didn’t hit him but it fell to the floor with a small crash and it broke into a few pieces. He looked around and no one was around and inwardly sighed. He happened to see Zayn’s blankie lying nearby so he quickly picked it up, laying it by the broken plate before hurrying off to the kitchen.

“What took you so long?” Louis asked.

“Oh, i had to go potty.” He responded quickly.

“Okay, bub, good job for going.” He complimented. “Do you want to help me make some lunch?” Liam nodded before they got to work making pizza. They were just about to put in the oven when Harry came in, holding the broken plate. Liam immediately continued to put cheese on his pizza, not wanting to look.

“Lou, I was coming down the hall when he saw one of my mom’s plates broken with Zees blanket nearby. What do you think happened?” He asked.

“Zayn wouldn’t do that would he? I mean he can’t even walk.” Louis responded, proving a good point. Liam couldn’t see but Harry motioned at Liam’s back silently asking Louis if he thought it was Liam.

“Liam, do you know what happened?” He turned around looking at his daddies.

“No.” He turned back to his pizza and busied himself.

“Okay, we believe you.” Liam quietly breathed a sigh of relief. Secretly, they knew Liam did it. Zayn couldn’t walk and Niall was at Josh’s, he was the only one that could have done it. Liam’s pizza was put in the oven and baked while everyone cuddled on the couch.

“It’s ready.” Harry announced. They headed to the kitchen and Liam and Zayn began eating. All the while Liam had a sinking feeling in his stomach. They cleaned up and Harry put Zayn down for a nap. Louis and Liam cuddled on the couch.

“Li, baby, you alright?”

“No, Daddy, I’m not. I did it.” He finally admitted.

“Did what?” He played dumb.

“I broke the plate. I’m really sorry. You had called me and I wasn’t looking where I was going and I accidentally knocked it over.” He said, a few tears falling as he awaited his punishment.

“Thank you for telling me now but that doesn’t make up for the fact that you hid that from Papa and I and that you broke the plate.” Liam nodded sadly.

“Haz, come down here.” He was soon joined by Harry who looked at the sad boy.

“Liam, did you break the plate?” Harry used a calm tone as he reprimanded the child. Liam nodded again. “Okay, thank you for saying but twenty minutes in time out.” Liam got up himself, dragging his feet to the naughty chair in the kitchen.

“I feel bad.” Louis murmured once Liam was out of earshot.

“He did something bad; it’s not your fault.”

“I guess.”

*******

“Good job for staying here, Li.” Harry complimented, picking up the small boy. Liam grinned sadly at his papa.

“I’m really sorry, Papa.” He nuzzled his head into Harry’s neck.

“It’s okay.”

“Let’s go cuddle, yeah, with Daddy and Zee?” Liam nodded and (even though he was pretty big) Harry picked him up, carrying him upstairs to Harry and Louis’ bedroom.

“Just be more careful next time.” Louis reminded the boy as Harry laid him down next to Lou. Zayn cuddled up with Harry, pressing himself against the larger. Liam nodded and fell asleep. He never ran around the house again.