epilogue [two]

[michael]

words in bold is michael's thoughts

calum looked at michael and he shook his head softly, letting out a soft sigh. he made his way over to his best friend and placed his hand on michael's shoulder, looking at the small piece of paper held in his hands.

"you okay, bud?" calum asked, and michael nodded slowly. his green eyes scanning the cursive words written on the paper.

calum scrunched his nose up, knowing that michael was not okay. ever since they met, those two had gotten much closer. they've become so close, to the point that they're living together.

he knew all about ellie, after michael explained it all to calum at the park. calum had also tried his best to help his best friend forget about her, but nothing worked.

"i'm gonna go to the store, want some pop tarts?" he asked, michael loved pop tarts and calum knew that.

"okay," michael replied quietly, calum nodded and patted michael's shoulder before heading off. the small paper was still held in the boy's hand, as his tears started to slowly stream down.

the paper he held, was the poem ellie had made. he saved it, and he planned on treasuring it. his hands shook slightly, as he held in a sob.

michael missed her, to the point where he would do anything to see her again. he tried to write letters to her, but she never replied. so, he has this thought that she forgot about him.

you never reply my letters, did you forget me that easily? he thought to himself. he wrote about 15 letters and he still writes more, but now he keeps them under his mattress.

the book; lolita was still kept by him. every night he would read it, and he would stare at her name scrawled on the front page. celestine daguise.

i love you ellie, you were my first love and will be my last.

his hands shook as he grabbed a sheet of paper, he held a small pen in his hands and started to write,

dear, celestine

celestine/ellie oh how i miss you.

it's been eight months, and i've missed you so much, i miss you so much i'm just not myself anymore. i miss your hair, your smile, your writing, your laugh, and just everything.

i've written letters to you, why don't you reply? did you forget me? just know that i'll never forget you, okay. you may have forgotten me, and you don't reply my letters, but i will never ever let go of you.

for you are my one true love. it's not easy forgetting about you, i read your poem every night, i read lolita every night. do you still have my sketch, celestine? do you?

oh how i wish you do, am i just a forgotten memory? or am i more? just know that you'll always be something special to me, okay? always. one day we'll see each other again, i'm sure of it. but for now, just hang on. because as long as i know you're happy and okay, then that's good enough for me.

i hope you find a boy, a boy that treats you so fucking well. someone that makes you genuinely happy, because that's what i want you to be; happy. even if it's not me that makes you happy, that's okay. find a boy, celestine. a boy that you truly love, a boy much better than me.

i love you celestine,

all the love, michael clifford x

his hands held the once crisp piece of paper, for now it was soaked in his tears. the jet black ink now dripping down the paper, the words although were still readable and that was good enough for michael.

one day we'll be together, again. his hands grasped his black coat as he put it on, the letter still in his hand. he walked out of his stodgy old apartment and he started walking down the streets of new york.

the wind was freezing, and he pulled the coat tighter around himself. people stared at him, due to his red eyes and tear stained cheeks.

stare at me all you want, he thought to himself. i'm fucking broken inside and i want the world to know.

at last he reached a small postbox, he fished a small envelope out of his pocket and slipped the letter inside, he put the small envelope through the slip of the postbox.

"i hope you get my letter celestine,"

-

and this is epilogue número dos