Chapter 5

I arrived at the train station with everyone else. What Fred had Implied the other day really stuck with me. So I decided to go sit with Cedric on the train. It was just us two and no one else. It was really comforting. It told him about what Fred had said and implied. I really didn't like that Fred thought my parents were dead. I believe they're alive somewhere and somehow. 

They can't just disappear and never come back... Right?

The train ride felt short nothing special happened like in year three with the dementors. That was something else...

Cedric and I went into the school we made our way to the great hall and split ways once we had to go to our house tables. I sat between Hermione and George. George and I cracked jokes almost the whole time till the sorting ceremony begin. Of course, we clapped and cheered when new students were sorted into Gryffindor. George and I even made bets on who was going to be sorted into what house. Sometimes it was with money other times just for fun. It depended on if George had the money. I never pushed him to give me the money even if we had made the bet. 

A few Days Later

Everyone was gathered on the bridge watching something come in the distance. A carriage being pulled by pegasuses was coming in quickly. Then there was Hagrid who was trying to direct them in the correct direction. Expect that did backfire when he had to jump and duck cause the carriage was brought too low. Then again the distance there was a boat coming in through the water. 

Everyone was told to put their robes on and head to the great hall. So that is what everyone did. 

"Now that were all settled in and sorted. I'd like to make an announcement. This castle won't only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well." Dumbledore said as we all sat there watching Finch run down the aisle.

"You see, Hogwarts has been chosen..." Dumbledore continued on until he was interrupted by Finch whispering something to him. 

"Chosen for what?" I ask George who was sitting next to me. He just shrugged and look in front of him back at Dumbledore who was still talking to Finch. 

"So, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Triwizard Tournament." He continued on when Finch ran out of the great hall. Every one started murmuring and whispering. Fred and George had pretty big smiles on their faces. It was one of the first times I'd seen Fred smile in a while. 

"Now, for those who do not know the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Now let me be clear. If chosen you stand alone.  And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But more of that later. For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madame Maxine."

The great hall doors opened and a full group of ladies entered. They had light blue hats and dresses on. They seemed very elegant. They made their way to the front and they summoned from what looked to be butterflies. Ron made comments about the girls as they walked by. Their headmistress was a very tall lady... Like towering tall. Once they finished their little performance everyone erupted into applause and cheers. As did I. They were elegant and very beautiful. I was almost jealous. 

Dumbledore made his way back to the very front of the room. "And now, our friends from the North. Please great the proud sons of Durmstrang and their master Igor Karkaroff." 

Everyone's heads turned back to the doors and we watched the Durmstrang boys walk in. They seemed very intimidating. They kept straight faces and walked in an intimidating way. They had staffs that they spun in circles and hit the floor sending sparks into the air. It was quite cool. They started running and doing small flips and getting everyone's attention. 

Suddenly whispers came about when Viktor Krum walked in. Ron looked overly excited seeing Krum up close.

"Blimey, it's him! Viktor Krum." Ron said with his eyes following Viktor as he passed him. The Durmstrang's skills with magic were insane. Igor and Dumbledore greeted each other with a hug.

"Hogwarts, let's entertain our friends in the best way we can. All stand! Maestro, please!"

Just then everyone begin to sing the Hogwarts song and I decided to just stand there. I did not feel like singing tonight. But Harry was getting into it and then I turn and saw the looks the other schools were giving us. It made me want to sink down and disappear. How come they got cool introductions but we got a song? That says "Hoggy Hogwarts" and then something about "dead flies." To me, that's not as interesting. After the song, the feast began the food was set out on the tables and everyone was talking amongst themselves and saying hello to their other friends from other houses. 

"I'd like to say a few words. Eternal glory. That is what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks."

"Wicked." Fred and George said at the same time. I knew they were amused and that they wanted to join the Tournament which I knew they will. 

"For this reason, the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule to explain all of this we have the head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation Mr. Bartemius Crouch."

Suddenly the thunder had gotten worse and rain just started pouring down from the ceiling. Then a strike from a wand hit the ceiling. We turned to see where it came from and we saw Mad-Eye Moody.

"Bloody hell. It's Mad-eye Moody." Ron whispered. 

"Alastor Moody? The Auror?" Hermione asked. Their conversation continued but I zoned out. Mad-Eye was one of the ones who was helping out with my parent's case. It was odd seeing him again. 

I was snapped out of my little world when a new voice spoke.

"After due consideration, the Ministry has concluded that for their own safety, no student under the age of 17 should be allowed to put their name forth for the Triwizard Tournament. This decision is final!" Crouch announced. 

Everyone got restless and angry. I looked over at Fred and George who could no longer enter the tournament.

"That's rubbish! That's rubbish you don't know what you're doing!" Fred and George yelled out. Everyone was angry, confused, and disappointed at the same time. 

"Silence!" Dumbledore yelled out. He began to activate the Goblet of fire... He began to explain the rules of the Goblet. I didn't necessarily listen very well cause I wasn't going to enter anyway. Well, I couldn't if I wanted to.  

After he announced that we were free to go to our dorms. I shared my dorm with one other girl. She is very sweet her name is Julia. We don't talk much outside of the dorm but inside we talk quite a bit. It was never awkward between us. I got into pajamas and laid down in bed and started to finally doze off into a deep sleep.

A/N

I'm back!! I've been off putting this book for the longest time but I am going to try and start writing again. I'm super excited to bring this to life for you guys!! 

Word count: 1272