39.

"Dominic?" I look up at him across the room. "Did you follow me here?"

He laughed but it didn't sound like his usual one. "No, well a little. I've been scoping this place out once I got a good whiff of Gerard's scent. That boy stinks even for a vampire." He scrunched his nose.

What the fuck. How the fuck does he know Gerard is a vampire?! Wait what the fuck. SMELLS? "Uhh what are you talking about? Vampire?" gotta play dumb. Gotta play dumb and save Gerard's ass.

Dominic laughs a deep laugh, almost wicked sounding. "Really? You're smart. Did you really not notice?"

"Vampires aren't real. Why would I think he's one of them? Cause hes pale as fuck?" I laugh awkwardly stepping away from the couch and towards the middle of the room, putting some space between us.

"Not about him. I already know you know he's a vampire, smelled it on you when we met." he nods at me. "I'm talking about me." He smirks. But it's not the usual smirk. This looks devilish.

"You? You're?" I feel my breath catch just thinking about it.

"A vampire? Yeah Baby Doll. And I'm way better than that loser you were into." Dominic's evil smirk turned into a full smile, making my stomach sick. "And," He looked at his phone. "We are right on time to start this whole thing. Gerard won't be here for a while."

"What are you talking about? I told him to meet me here at-" I manage. I can feel by heart beat quicken at the realization I just put Gerard in so much danger.

"Oh yeah. I just forged your writing. Made it say a half hour later so I could have fun with you first." He smiled down at me. "Just us." I could feel my stomach drop at his gaze.

"Then I wrote my own telling him he was never going to see you again." His smile turned into a devilish smirk as he chuckled.

I felt my breath catch in my throat as Dominic stepped closer to me.

"But of course, I didn't slip that letter to him until after school was done. Didn't want him getting too bold and talking to you during school. I want that boy on edge. I want him to know just how much is at stake here. Plus I wanna have a little fun with him." Dominic's eyes are dark red as he looks at me. "And you."

"You know? For such a smart girl, you really didn't notice a thing about me. Which isn't surprising since the only vampire you have contact with was that loser. Hardly a good example of a real vampire. He doesn't even eat humans. How pathetic." Dominic continued his descent towards me. I backed up as slowly as I could, aware that I would eventually hit a crate but hoping the egoistic guy would keep talking and waste time.

"You on the other hand. Amazing. You were hard to keep under control. I'll give you that. Something that will surely bring a special little gift out when I turn you. Plus a pretty thing like you deserves a hot piece of vampire like me and not that chubby emo geek."

"You're fucking crazy. Do you really think I would pick you over Gerard?" I scoff, woops. There goes my dumb mouth.

"Well," He chuckles. "I do love a challenge. It's why I picked you after I realized you weren't a vampire." He paused seeming to think back on things. "Why don't I make this more interesting and give you some memories back, baby doll." He smirks at me before I'm hit with a major headache.

I'm hit with flashes of my friends and Gerard over the past week trying to talk to me. Especially Gerard. He tried twice with more persistence than anyone else. Our argument from Wednesday came to the forefront and the words "But I thought there was something there! .... Didn't you?"

Holy shit Gerard said there was something between us? Why the fuck didn't I remember that sooner? Does he really like me like I like him?

"Well? How'd you like all that you missed? It was hard forcing my thoughts on you and keeping things from you. Getting into your phone and deleting texts was so easy. But you're strong willed. Changing your thoughts was hard but everyone succumbs to my will eventually." Dominic spoke as I tried to refocus my eyes in the slowly dimming warehouse.

I shake my head out focusing on Dominic in front of me. "Gerard is better than you in every way. He would never force me to do something I didn't want to do." I take a step back unknowingly straight back into a crate which causes the air to knock out of my lungs for a moment.

Dominic laughs, stopping a few paces away from me. "Really? That just shows how much of a man he isn't. A real man would have you under their control like the servant you're supposed to be."

I feel my heart beat kick up more as I stare into his blood red eyes. "You can hurt me but I won't let you hurt Gerard."

"Oh doll," he gave me a look of pity. "You're mine whether you want to be or not. It's Gerard that I have to kill."

"No," I whispered, I could feel my breath stuck in my throat, wishing I could warn Gerard somehow.

"Oh baby," He smiles. In a blink he's in front of me, hand placed aggressively on my neck. "It's me or him. And I'm not going anywhere, Doll."

Instinctively I kick my knee up into his dick cause this asshole is way too close to me. It just causes him to clench his fist as I pull away, nails scratching my neck as I book it down behind some crates away from him. Fuck shit fuck. I fucked up so badly. I try to still my breathing as best I can, hoping that doesn't give me away to him too easily. Gerard is going to get fucking killed because of me and I still need to apologize for being an absolute ass. And like tell him I love him or something. Like at least before we die. Fuck.