11. It's not a Date

Friday rolls around and no one has asked me about my plans for the weekend. I mean usually Mikey would ask to hang out but nothing, from him or Kristin, even Patrick and Pete are silent. I got ready for school as usual, but shorts/skirt cause it's pretty nice out today. I grab my things and some breakfast and head out to Gerard's waiting car.

"Hey there," I said, hopping into the backseat.

"Hey," Mikey said, he was on his phone.

"Morning," Gerard said, waiting for me to put my seat belt on so he could drive away. I sent him a smile as I got settled in.

"Who you texting Mikey?" I poked his shoulder as we made our way out of the neighborhood.

"Pete, he wants to hang out tonight. But we're hanging out right?" Mikey asked me. I glanced at Gerard with mild panic, he didn't mention our plans to Mikey and clearly neither did I at this point. Gerard made quick eye contact with me that said: tell him.

"Oh, well I have plans tonight Mikey, you should've asked me sooner." I shrugged. I hope that didn't come out as awkward as it felt.

"Wait, what?" Mikey turned in his seat to look at me.

"Yup. You missed on the opportunity to hang out with such an awesome person tonight. Sorry," I shrugged again and gave him a smirk, please tell me I'm pulling this off and not being suspicious.

"Dang," Mikey turned back around, "well I'm still telling Pete no cause I don't want to go on a fucking 2 hour drive for a concert of a band I don't even like." Mikey laughed.

I couldn't help but laugh too. But I also didn't tell Mikey what I was doing tonight. Which is bad, cause that's going to be fuckin awkward conversation later.

~

School went by slowly, maybe cause I was excited for tonight. Wait am I excited? Or nervous? Like what even kind of place is the warehouse? Am I going to be murdered tonight? Wait. That's ridiculous. He would never do something like that cause it would break Mikey's heart. And hopefully that's the main reason and not just cause we are becoming friends.

The final bell rang and I grabbed all my shit from my locker, waiting for Mikey, Gerard, Frank and Ray to show up from band. The boys looked sweaty. Well the three of them, Frank wasn't there.

"Where 's the short one?" I asked. Technically I'm the short one cause Frank is like an inch or two taller than me. But I act taller than him, legit people think I'm taller. Frank fucking hates it.

"Frank got detention earlier. He has to go back to his English class." Ray said opening the locker next to me.

"That sucks." I waited for them to grab their things before Kirstin joined us and we all headed down to the parking lot.

"So, anyone have any fun plans for tonight?" Kristin says as we stop by the cars.

"Nope," Ray said, looking so sad. I put my hand on his arm in solace.

"I feel that," Mikey said from across from me.

"What about you Gerard?" Kristin asked from next to me.

"Oh uh, Y/n and I are going to the comic shop tonight." He said not looking at me, but I instantly felt Mikey's eyes on me. And I could see Ray giving Gerard a look out of the corner of my eye.

"Yeah," I chimed in, gotta stop the awkward, "they are having a cool little party plus there is a new Red Robin comic dropping that I want to get." I held my fat English text book to my chest hoping no one would question me or Gerard. I mean there is a new Red Robin comic coming out and the comic store is holding a shin dig so it's not that weird. (if you know comics, I know it's not the right day cause most drop on wednesdays, just go with it)