Pisces's POV

The students grew quiet upon arrival of the headmistress. The food fight had just ended and everyone was worried we would get in trouble.

    When Cancer, Scorpio, and I came down to orientation I was worried we wouldn't see any of our other friends but luckily we found Virgo and Taurus! They introduced us to their friend Capricorn.

    "Attention everyone please silence you and your cellphones, orientation is starting." A short purple haired lady said into the microphone, I guessed that was Principle Ainsworth.

    "Now that we all have gained control let's go over some rules and guidelines." She continued.

    "Hey scooch over," a voice suddenly said in my ear. I turned and saw Scorpio with an odd stench of trash on him.

    I moved over and asked, "Where were you?"

    He winked, "Guess".

    I sighed, "I really don't want to."

    I turned my focus back to Principle Ainsworth. She was talking about schedules and where to find your classes. I droned out again and before I knew it Scorpio was shaking me awake.

    "Wake up sleeping beauty," He whispered.

    I noticed Ainsworth was still talking so orientation was not yet over.

    "What did I miss?" I whispered back.

    "Nothing really just some stupid stuff about rules and classes," he said.

    I shifted my attention back to the stage where it looked like she was introducing the other teachers.

    "Ok now that all introductions are made I would like to go over some exciting news!" Principle Ainsworth announced.

    "For five years now our tradition here at Elmwood is that after the first week of classes, there is a dance to celebrate your arrival! The dance is held in our personal ballroom. Food, drinks and a DJ is provided. You can bring a partner if you would like. This years theme will be 'Night Under the Stars! Wear your nicest outfits!"

    A lot of whispering broke out among the students at this news, some positive some negative. I wasn't really sure how I felt about this news, a part of me was excited and a part of me was a little nervous, I didn't know anyone who would be willing to take me.

    "What do you think of this Pi?" Cancer asked leaning in.

    "I dunno it's fine I guess. What about you?" I questioned back.

    "I think it's stupid." She said imminently.

    I laughed, "You're not wrong but I think it could be a fun way to meet new people".

    She nodded, "That's true. Come on, lets go."

    "So Scorpio wo was that girl you were talking to earlier?" Cance asked him.

    "She's over there if you want to meet her for yourself." He said pointing to a group of six next to us.

    I nodded and turned to my other friends, "Do you guys wanna go meet some new people?" Virgo nodded happily and Taurus and Cap nodded not as excited.

    We walked over to the group and Scorpio said, "Hey Aquarius these are my friends, Pisces, Cancer but call her Cance, Virgo, Taurus, and Capricorn but call him Cap. I'm Scorpio." He said introducing all of us.

    A pretty girl with light brown hair and grey eyes smiled and said, "Hey nice to meet you all. These are my friends, Libra call her Lib or Libby, Gemini, call her Gem, Leo, Aries, and Sagittarius call him Sag. Oh and I'm Aquarius but you can call me Aqua." I smiled and waved.

    "So do you guys have a gift? Cause no one I've met so far has had one." The boy I recognized as Sag said.

    Cancer shook her head, "No we don't, I just assumed everyone didn't know yet. Do you guys have gifts?" I noticed she stole a quick glance at the guy Leo, I laughed softly to myself.

    "No we don't. Do you guys wanna go ask a teacher why?" Gemini asked.

    "Yeah let's go." Taurus said.

    We all walked over to the stage where all but one of the teachers had left. He looked like a gentle old man with hazel eyes, red but slowly fading to grey hair. He was just sitting there on the stage, not doing anything. I had missed all the teacher introductions so I didn't' know his name.

    "Excuse me? Sir?" Libra questioned.

    He turned to us, "We were just wondering when we would learn our gifts?" Libra asked.

    He slowly smiled analyzing all of us. "Ah. Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. We finally meet."

    "I am Professor Orion, I will be teaching you Astrology 101."

    "Oh well uh, nice to meet you?" I offered trying not to be rude.

    A wave of hellos and nice to meet you's rolled throughout the other 11.

    Mr Orion smiled and waved to all of us. "Sorry sir but we were just wondering, what are our gifts?" Virgo asked.

    We all nodded in agreement, no one I had met so far has known there's so I was curious.

    "You will know in time. But for now, I suggest you run along and meet new people." He smiled and walked away.

    "Well that was weird." Taurus mumbled. I nodded in agreement.

    "Anyways do you guys wanna come and hang at our dorm?" Aries asked us.

    "That sounds fun we're in!" Libra said speaking for all of us.

    A few minutes later we all were walking into Aries, Leo, and Sags room oohing at every little detail.

    "Your guys room is so cool!" Aqua told them.

    "Is that Mario Kart!" Libra asked excitedly.

    Sag nodded, "Yeah you can start a game if you want." Libra ran over and started setting it up.

    I smiled at how good everyone was getting along, everyone was talking and laughing together, well apart from one person.

    I made my way over to them and said, "Hey Cap, how was orientation?" He turned to me.

    "Hey Pi, you scared me. It was fine, super boring. What did you think?"

    I snorted, "Actually I was asleep for most of it,"

    He laughed, "I don't blame you."

    Then after a pause he said, "Did you hear about the dance though?" I nodded.

    He perked up a little but I brushed it off, "Do you want to go get some food?" I asked motioning to all the snacks Sag had set out.

    "Yeah lets go." We walked over and spent the rest of the night talking and hanging out with all of our new friends.

♓︎

Ahhhh were almost at 400 reads what! Thanks so much! Hope you have a great day!

QOTC: Late nights or early mornings?

-V