Episode 7

For PentatonixFangirl

A/N: My only stories that are working are 'Accidentally Kidnapped', 'Selected Prince', and now this one. So I thought I would post this.

"You have to come out of the bed, Mitch?" I shook my head, curling up into a smaller ball. I was scared to leave the comfort of my bed. I would wait until it was nighttime before I would go downstairs and eat or take a shower. Otherwise, I was hiding under the covers. "Today is the last date night. It one-on-one and you're the only person who hasn't had a date this week."

"Go away, Todrick. I want to be alone." I felt tears start to make their way down my cheeks.

"You've been this way ever since you came back from the hospital. The cameras caught those guys. They're gone. You're safe." I thought Mark was my friend. I thought he was an innocent guy who needed a friend in this hellhole. Why did he have to do that? Why did that other guy have to almost kill me? I didn't mean to do anything. It wasn't my choice.

"I feel so useless." I accidentally let that slip out. I saw Todrick get a worried expression on his face. The people who were trying to cheer me up exchanged looks. Cameron held Kory's hand for comfort. I didn't mean to worry them. I'm such an awful person. I had Todrick, Chester, Travis, Kory, and Cameron here for me. I'm so lucky that my friends were still here. But somehow, I didn't feel safe. What of they turn on me? Plus, there is still Alex, Micah, Sam, and Andrew that are around. I don't know them that well. Could I trust them?

"This is your date, Mitch. Everyone knows it already." That made me more of a threat.

"Tell Scott to take someone else."

"Mitch-" Travis was stopped by Cameron who shook his head. It was only Todrick and Chester left. The others left.

"You love him. Why are you doing this?" I looked up at my friend.

"I'm so scared, Toddy. I don't know who I can trust. For a couple seconds when I was out, I thought I saw...." I couldn't even finish my sentence. I thought I saw my dead fiancé. That will get me put in a loony bin.

"We should leave him." Chester had a hand on Todrick's shoulder. Todrick was refusing to leave.

"Mitch, you can trust me."

"Go away." I pulled the covers over my head and turned my back towards him. I just wanted to sleep away the pain in my chest. I don't think I've ever had someone hate me so much that they've actually tried to hurt me. Everyone in the house knows that I have troubles swimming. Why did they have to use that against me?

"Mitch?" The covers were taken away from my face. I had flipped my position when I slept. I opened my eyes to Scott.

"I told Todrick-"

"And he told me. I just chose to ignore him." Scott's fingers combed through my hair soothingly. Tears were blurring my vision.

"I don't accept the rose. Just go away." I turned my back on him and squeezed my eye shut so the warm tears could pour down the side of my face.

"Do you want to go home?" I stayed turned on my side. He sighed. Then I heard something heavy thunk on the ground before the bed began to shake at him climbing the bunk ladder. "Ow." I checked to see what happen. He had hit his head on the ceiling. I went back to laying down so it would be easier to contain my laughs.

"No." He came to lay down next to me. He was laying above the covers and his arm was resting on my waist.

"Then please don't refuse a rose." I struggled to turn around and face him. My hand went to rest on his cheek.

"I'm scared." I whispered it. I couldn't make my voice go louder.

"I'm here to protect you. I won't let anything happen to you when you are in my sight." He moved to rest his forehead against mine. "I love you." My fingers brushed across his cheek. I couldn't stop my giggle.

"You have scruff."

"Yes. And if you don't get up, I will rub it painfully on your cheek." I cracked a smile. "There you are. Please don't hide that beautiful smile ever again." He convinced me to get dressed and he pulled me out of the house. Yet, I was still nervous. But today was about keeping that wonderful smile on Scott's face. Even if that meant shoving my fear to the side.

"So, what's today?" He had a knowing smirk.

"You'll see." I waited until the car came to a stop. Scott got out first and held a hand out for me to take. I gladly accepted it. It was a lot better for my nerves if he was touching me in some way. Like holding my hand.

"Oh my...." I looked over the tiny festival. "This is absolutely adorable!" I tried to run forward but I was pulled back by Scott staying put. He was staring at me with a small smile. "What?"

"You're back to normal."

"Well, you're here. You do make me feel safe, Scott. I guess it just took some convincing to get me out. I'm glad I did and I'm sorry that I overreacted." He put his arm around my shoulders.

"I don't think you overreacted. You almost drowned. I would be pretty freaked out too." He kissed my temple. It felt weird. Everyone here was staring at us because there was cameras following us. A little girl even asked for my autograph. She didn't even know who I was.

"What do you want to do?" I was slowly dragging Scott through the people. He was watching me with a small smile.

"I don't know. What do you want to do?" I felt his arm wrap around my waist and his fingers slipping in my front belt loop.

"I....don't care. As long as I'm with you." He smiled, kissing my forehead. I didn't expect to be this corny. And the cameras, I didn't care about them anymore. Just being with Scott. I'm content with that.

"I want to win you a bear."

"Scott...." I followed after with a smile I couldn't erase. I watched him for thirty minutes. He could win the bear. "Scott, it's okay." He came back over to hold my hand.

"Those games are rigged." He held my left hand but quickly pulled away. "You aren't wearing your ring." I looked at the tan line made by the old ring.

"Kristian isn't my future. And even if you aren't going propose to me, I can move on from him." His fingers threaded through mine. We spent the rest of the night talking and watching Scott fail at games. Towards the end of the night, he gave me something.

"Here." He gave me a cheap ring. "I know it's not like your old one but-" I jumped into his arms. I thought he was absolutely the biggest sweetheart. It was one of those twenty-five cent rings that you get out of a machine.

"Thank you." I put it on my right hand. We weren't engaged so I didn't want to put it on my left hand. I feel like it would be creepy.

"This is also yours." He handed over a red rose. I stood on my toes to kiss him. His hand went to cup my cheek. Then he walked me home. It's funny. I didn't want to go on a date today. I didn't want to be here. But Scott always took me on the most calming dates and I liked it.

But it was the rose ceremony that had me nervous. It got to the point where my friends were possibly next. Todrick, Alex, and I were safe. Travis, Cameron, Chester, and Kory were not. Along with the other three boys. I kept loosening my tie with my nervousness. Then my heart broke when I realized Chester and Cameron didn't get a rose. I ran towards Cameron before the host said we could say our goodbyes.

"Hey!" Cameron said it playfully while I hugged him. I was holding him as close as possible. "It's okay."

"I'm going to miss you."

"Give Alex a run for his money. You love Scott more than any of us." He pulled out of the hug and kissed my forehead. Then I went to Chester who tapped the tip of my nose.

"Take care of Todrick for me." I could only nod as I tried to hold back my tears. I glanced back at Scott who was saying a friendly goodbye to Cameron. He smiled when Cameron whispered something in his ear. Then I watched my friends leave.

Eight....