Chapter Thirty-Two

Nikoli groaned and reached for his phone to shut off the damn alarm. His head was killing him. Unfortunately, his hand hit air, and he rolled, landing on the floor with a thump.

"Shit." He opened his eyes and promptly shut them when daylight blinded him. The rays had been daggers digging into his cranium. What the hell had he done last night? Tied one on or something? He hadn't gotten this drunk since he and Lily broke up right before Thanksgiving.

"Don't yell."

Adam? What the fuck was Adam doing in his apartment? Or was he in Adam's hotel room? Either way, it wasn't where he was supposed to be. And where the fuck was Lily?

"What time is it?" Mason groaned.

"Time to get the fuck up, fuckers."

A large shadow blocked out the sun, and Nikoli cracked an eye. Viktor and his twin brother, Conner, stood over him. Neither of them looked too happy.

"You all went out and got wasted the night before your wedding?" Viktor barked. "Lily is going to have all your asses."

Oh, God, the wedding... "What time is it?"

"It's only ten, so calm your shit down." Conner moved, allowing the sunlight to flood back in, and Nikoli clutched his head as pain lanced through it. Conner did that on purpose.

"Dimitri's bringing breakfast," Viktor informed him. "Where's Kade?"

"Somewhere."

"He went upstairs and never came back down," Mason told them. "Close the damn blinds, or do you want us to look like we got fucked last night? I think the eye trauma will be a dead giveaway."

"That's what Visine is for, asshole." Viktor did go and close the blinds, though.

"Papa said he'd meet us at the church. He has to drive Mama and Babushka."

At this point, he couldn't care less, but he did sit up. Conner was poking around in the fridge, and he saw Viktor disappear up the stairs. Kade probably passed out on the bed and left them down here to fend for themselves. Fucker.

"I think I have alcohol poisoning." Adam groaned and clutched his stomach where he lay curled up by the TV, his head on a throw pillow.

Conner lifted a bottle of cheap rotgut whiskey out of the trash can. "No wonder you all feel like shit. You were drinking shit."

"Mason's fault. We sent him to get the beer."

"I'm a poor college student, asshat. Did you think I had the money to buy top shelf liquor?" He yawned. "None of you complained last night while we were drinking it."

"After a couple shots of this, I doubt they'd remember to complain." Conner pulled four glasses out of a cabinet and started dumping shit into the blender.

"Nooo!"

All three of them clutched their heads when Conner turned on the blender. He cackled like the evil witch.

"Turn it off!" Kade groaned as he followed Viktor down the stairs.

Three swift kicks at the front door heralded Dimitri's arrival. "Someone open the damn door. My arms are tired."

Viktor let him in, and Dimitri set the bags on the kitchen island. "What the hell happened to you lot?"

Dimitri was the only brother who inherited their mother's blue eyes and blond hair. He stuck out like a sore thumb in pictures. Kade always told him he was adopted. He'd probably have believed it too if he hadn't been the spitting image of their father minus his dark hair and eyes.