Chapter 26 continued..

"Nice choice Mazin," Dad said as we entered the restaurant.

"I know," Mazin joked.

"Ok, can we order something quick? I starving!" I said.

"Ok, let's see.." Mazin said opening up the menu.

Before we had even looked at one of the dishes a waiter came up to our table.

"Hello, I'm Andrew Stuart and I'll be your waiter for the night, are you ready to order?" He asked.

"Not yet, we just got here," Azalea's mom answered.

"Ok, I'll get you some mineral water in the mean time," He said.

"Why doesn't he just say water, I mean all water has mineral in it right?" Azalea muttered once he'd left.

"I have no idea,"

I haven't usually been to many posh restaurants but still, do waiters usually give their full names? Anyways, I guess it's just formality, yet it seems all so foriegn to me.

"- Andrew Stuart, his name sounds like some one important like a lawyer or something," Mazin was saying when I decided to tune in.

"Here's your water, are you ready to order now?" Andrew said once he came back.

"Yeah," Mazin ordered the food.

"Water in a glass bottle? Mazin you really brought us to some restaurant," Auntie Aasiyah joked.

I noticed Mazin turning around looking at the other tables, he had barely smiled at Auntie Aasiyah's joke. If only I knew what was going on in his mind, why did he have to be so secretive all the time? Than suddenly I realised he was a bit like me, I'd rather not tell anything to any one, but -

"Don't drink the water." Mazin stated.

"What?" Azalea's mom and Auntie Aasiyah laughed in unison as they were about to lift the cups to their lips.

"Do not drink the water." Mazin ordered with evergrowing seriousness.

"Mazin what's going on?" Dad asked.

Azalea looked at me concerned, I shrugged back.

"What was unloaded from the ship?" Mazin turned to me.

"A box, a small box.. About the size of a water bottle," I slowed down while saying the 'water bottle' bit finally catching on to what he was saying.

"What are you talking about?" Azalea's mom asked.

"The water is contaminated." I replied.

Mazin took her cup filled with water and dipped one of the forks into it. It fizzed for a bit and when Mazin took the fork out, half of it was dissolved by whatever that water was meant to be.

"It's poisoned." He clarified.

Azalea's mom gasped in horror, Auntie Aasiyah cover her mouth with her hand, Dad grimaced, Azalea was frozen by shock. Mazin looked at me.

"We need to tell the police, these guys are trying to poison us! We must call a law suite! We must-" Azalea's mom started.

"We must be absolutely silent." Mazin cut her off. "Now let's get out of here before any one notices, I'll drive you home."

We reached my house in absolute silence, that's how it had been since we left the restaurant. Dad got out of the car and I was about to follow but Mazin stopped me.

"You wait," He told me once my dad had got out of the front passenger seat and closed the door behind him.

"How did you know about it?" I asked him.

"I don't know," He shook his head, "I just felt something was wrong,"

"The authorities were in charge, obviously right?" I asked.

"They have no motive any more though." He reasoned.

"Are you sure?" I asked, "Maybe revenge?"

"You heard Hensus, 'if mother and daughter die it will be fishy'" He said.

"So who was it?" I asked wracking my brain.

"Maybe ask Zeke," Mazin suggested.

"I'm never talking to that son of a-"

"Maydah don't be so swift to judge a person, what his dad is does not define who he is." Mazin told me sharply.

"Yes it does, I am who my mother was, it's the same for him."

"You chose to be what your mother was, and he can choose to be what his dad is not."

The weekend flew by like never before.. But I guess that's the same with all weekends. I was dreading more than ever to go back to school. But what had to be done had to be done.

"Home works due on thursday class!" My physics teacher called out as we rushed out of the class.

"Maydah," I heard zeke call from somewhere behind, I randomly turned around the corridor which led to me taking the longest possbile route to my next class.

Finally the dreaded lasson of English came to being. I sat at my place waiting for the class to commence. Zeke came and sat down.

"Hey," He said.

"Hi," I muttered.

"I haven't seen you all day," He said, " I mean, I saw you after class but you probably didn't hear me and-"

"Shutup."

"Excuse me?"

"Shutup."

"Umm, ok." He said taken aback.

Mr Meagan, as usual took forever to write the objective of today's lesson on the board leaving the class free to talk and talk and talk.

"Is everything ok?" Zeke asked after a few minutes of complete silence.

"If some one attempting to poison you is ok than yeah I guess.."