Chapter 22

I don't really mind, dad coming back late. Then I can spend some time over the phone with Niall.

But before that; I still have to buy clothes for the next a week and a half.

I walked from store to store, finding a lot of clothes. As said I've thrown half of my clothes at home away. So it's really needed.

I mostly bought summer clothes, since it's getting warmer outside. I did buy some jeans and stuff that's a little warmer. I only brought one pair of jeans, which is the ones I'm wearing right now. And then I brought a pair of sweats.

So I bought some cute summer dresses, jean shorts and crop tops.

I ate some lunch at a restaurant. I decided to order some salad, because I had a bit of an unhealthy breakfast.

When I got back to the hotel, I remembered that I can call Niall. I took the chance and called him, knowing he either would or wouldn't be awake.

"Good morning!" Niall said as he appeared on the screen. He was laying in his hotelroom on the bed.

"Did I wake you up?" I asked, spotting his tired eyes.

"Kind of, I was just looking around a bit." He smiled.

"Well, I'm looking forward to meeting you."

"Me too Evs, me too." He said, giving me chills down my spine by saying my nickname.

"What's your plan for today?"

"Just the usual. But it's the last concert for now."

"Well, good luck then."

"Thank you! What have you been doing today?"

"I went shopping, I've thrown half of my clothes out at home and haven't really brought much."

"Oh, sounds nice. Where's your dad?"

"He is working late. So I took the opportunity to call you." I smiled at him.

"Oh, thank you. I guess." He flashed a huge smile at me.

"Anything else you've been up to?" He asked.

"Ehm," I tried going through my day. "I've been going around in the streets, shopping for the next few weeks. Then I'm planning to order some Italian food for dinner, when my dad gets here." I shrugged.

"Is Italian your favorite food?"

"Yeah, I like it a lot."

"Me too, I do like my moms food better though." He giggled.

"Oh, so does my mom. What's your favorite dish of hers?" I asked him.

Of course I know, that he said in the Jonathan Ross Show, many years ago, that he likes a good Sunday roast. But everyone changes, you know.

"I thought you would know!" He exclaimed. "No I'm joking. I still love a nice Sunday roast." He smiled from ear to ear.

We took a few minutes in silence, just looking at each other and our own surroundings.

"I might start to get ready for my rehearsals, before Preston is knocking on my door."

"Yeah, you should." I chuckled.

"Bye Ev!" He waved.

"Bye Nialler."

And with that, we hanged up.

-

It's Sunday midday, and I just finished my lunch.

I ate the rest of the pasta me and dad had last night, while watching some YouTube videos at the hotel.

I've been sitting on the bed watching a lot of tutorials and stuff for quite awhile, when I suddenly got a notification.

N: hello, I just wanted to say that I'm leaving soon. So if you can't contact me, it's because I'm going to the airport and soon will be with you😘

E: that's more than okay. Can't wait to see you!

N: me neither!

-

Today(!), today is THE day. The day we've all been waiting for! Well not exactly, just me and Niall.

Niall is coming back to LA, and I'm gonna stay at his place for a few weeks. I've said it many times now, and it probably isn't the last time either.

I woke up bright and early to say bye to my dad and get ready.

I put on a cute green flowered wraparound dress along with some plain air force's.

After doing my makeup, which was very natural. I curled my hair and made a half up half down messy bun, in my dark brown hair.

My dad suggested that I started to pack everything I had thrown across the floor, back in my luggage. Thanks dad, like I wasn't going to do that. My idea was to just walk naked around LA's busy streets, like an idiot that just had a one nightstand with some guy from a pub nearby. Irony can occur, btw.

Well, back to the real world.

After a few hours it was time for my dad to leave, and I had to leave so he could lock the door too.

"Bye sweetheart." My dad hugged me tight.

"Bye dad." I wrapped my free arm around him, having the other hand on my luggage.

"Be careful! See ya soon." He pulled away.

"I will, see ya!" I said leaving for a bench.

I found a bench on the street and called a taxi. It should be here in half an hour.

I tried to spent the time, looking around my new surroundings. It wasn't the busiest street in the state. That's for sure. But it's not freaking me out. There is people walking past a lot though. I think it's because there's a park a few meters away.

I felt my phone buzz in my hand:

N: hi, just landed. Me and Preston are walking to the car now. I'll be home in half an hour. How far are you, Ev?

E: hello Nialler! I'm currently waiting for my taxi, it should be here soon. With the traffic I think I'm at yours in an hour and a half. xx

N: cool. Can't wait to see ya! xx

E: me neither!

———————————————————————

Author's note:

Hey y'all! I hope you're enjoying the story. I know this is a bit of a cliffhanger. But I'll start writing the next chapter immediately! I have been on a bit of a break. I have many things to do every week, and covid isn't helping. That also mean I haven't been able to keep up with my 'thank you's. So; Thank you sooo much for 7k reads!! That is unbelievable!! 7k?!? Wow! If you have some ideas the stories or any grammars that's wrong, don't be afraid to comment either! Remember to follow me, vote it and leave a comment! If you want you can follow my TikTok too, it's @natasjae!
Love xx!