Chapter 20

~May 15, 2020~

The last few weeks, I've been packing after what my mum told me.

I've let my suitcase lay open in my closet, and put a few outfits in it already. Beside it, I have made a few boxes, that's already pretty full.

Only around two weeks left, then I'm off to LA. Before I'm moving in when I come back.

I've been texting and calling Niall as always. I already know a lot about him now, and so does he. If he has listened, of course. Chuckle. It's like you've known each other forever. Like childhood friends.

Anyway.

Tomorrow is the twins birthday. My mom asked me to help her prepare tonight, after they've fallen asleep. I told her yes and started blowing up balloons with her in the kitchen late night.

"Are you ready for LA yet?" She stretched a balloon before blowing it up.

"Yeah, I just have to pack some shoes and socks, then I'm ready to go. Then I'll shop outfits for the last week while dad's doing his stuff."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Yeah, can't wait either." I sighed. "Well looks like we're done." I said, looking at the whole setup we made in a little hour.

"Yes, let's hop in bed." Mum spoke laying her hand on my lower back, making me walk out of the kitchen, and upstairs.

I stripped out of my clothes and plopped in my bed, falling asleep right away.

Next morning, mum, dad and I woke the twins up with gifts and flags. I got Josh a watch, with a little help on the idea from Niall. I really spent a lot of time on finding a gift. Then I talked to Niall about it, and he asked if he had a watch. I've never seen one on him, so he might as well not.

And I was right, he didn't have one yet. Thanks Niall.

For Oakley I got a necklace, that has two tags. One saying 'E' and the other 'J', for me and Joshua.

She had wished it, so she was very happy. Just like Josh, thankfully. They were both a tiny bit over the budget. But they got happy and that's all that matters.

We ate some brunch, after the twins choice of course. There was some pancakes, fresh fruit and yogurt with granola on. It tasted really good, I am used to soggy cereal. So this is nice.

Later that day, we had a few visits. Our grandma and grandpa came, along with our other cousins and uncles.

"What did you wish?" I asked Oakley and Josh who just had blowed the candles out in front of all of us.

"I'll tell ya later!" Oakley winked

"I didn't wish anything." Joshua shrugged.

"Why can't you say it now?" I asked her.

"Because... I don't know. I'm not sure you're gonna answer anyway, so I rather have you wait."

"Fair enough." I shrugged, sticking my fork in the piece of cake on my plate.

A few hours later, me and Oakley was tired and was stood in the bathroom getting ready for bed.

"Will you please tell me your wish now? I'm curious as hell." I spoke brushing my teeth, having eye contact with her through the mirror.

"Well, I don't know where to start..."

"Oh c'mon!" I lifted my only free arm, half up in the air.

"Okay, okay. Who's the guy you've been talking to from another country?" She asked blankly.

"That's none of your business." I gave her a nudge with my elbow. Where the actual fuck did she know this much?

"Well, I just wished to know who it is." She shrugged.

"You'll maybe find out sooner or later. I don't know, we'll see." I replied.

"Okay, fair by me. Goodnight!" She walked back to her room.

"Night!" I turned off the light in the bathroom. I was surprised by her reaction to my rejection, I don't complain about it though.

I dumped onto the bed, while I opened up TikTok on my phone. As said, me and Oakley have a profile on there, that we share. We post bad dance videos that ends up being us messing around, since we don't understand the dance trends, and random One Direction videos that we love.

Oakley apparently posted a few yesterday, that I now got all the notifications from, by likes and comments.

She, of course, posted highlights from Lilo interviews and stage moments. While you could easily see that I've posted more Narry and Zouis moments.

Enough of that.

I scrolled through my Instagram feed, finding more photos of 1D. And Niall.

There was I photo that caught my eye. In the corner of the screen, was a screenshot picture of Niall. Most likely from one of his lovely live videos.

I clicked on it, to get a better view of it. I could already point a few things out and admire it just by the look of it.

He's such an angel.

I'm really starting to count weeks and days till we'll meet in LA. I haven't talked to him today, because of the twins birthday.

I couldn't really say to my family that I couldn't make it to a birthday party because a phone call, on a Saturday.

We've only 'missed' one phone call. And it's already weird. Even though Niall started his tour 13 days ago, he have always made time for me to call and check up, and the other way.

Right now, he's the one that's forward. So he's 8 hours in front of me. May I present you long distance friendship, ladies and gents.

So chaotic.

I put my phone on the nightstand and turned the lamp off.

After a few minutes of tussle and turns, I finally fell asleep.

———————————————————————

Author's note:

Hey y'all! I hope you're enjoying the story. I'm sorry for the long wait, but I've gotten a new school schedule. That includes less big breaks and one day a week in school. And it's very freaking cold outside at the moment. On another note; I can't wait for the next chapter!!!! You may have guessed why! But urghhh I'm so excited!! 😆If you have some ideas for the stories or any grammars that's wrong, don't be afraid to comment either! Remember to follow me, vote it and leave a comment! If you want you can follow my TikTok too, it's @natasjae!
Love xx!