Chapter 1

~March 1, 2020~

"5, 6, 7, 8" I heard my dance teacher's echo through the dance studio.

I'm going to a big competition this Wednesday here in Scandinavia. I've trained for it the past 5 months.

Dance has always been my free place along with music. And when I say music, I mean my favorite boyband, One Direction.
I always feel free to express myself through both things. Both have also learned me a lot.

When I grew up my family weren't as rich as my cousins, but they're getting there. As in, they live in Beverly Hills and we don't. That should explain all you need to know about my dad and his sisters differences. But I have always had a special bond with all of them anyway and so did my little sister and brother. Maybe because we all are pretty similar in age and personality. After my competition on Wednesday, all of my family are going to Beverly Hills, since my oldest cousin and her boyfriend invited us all to a get together, with us and some of their friends. That's all I know about it.

I was done with today's practice and drove straight home.

I always dance in the evening so I can get straight to bed instead of being tired the whole day, so I only have to eat and shower before going to bed.

I'm the kind of type that eats a lot and also eats fast. At least my dance helps me out of some boring work out. I hate the burn, but I love to stretch out afterwards. I've never really been the workout type. Maybe it's because I'm used to practice with other people in dance class, and then it gets boring working out alone.

When I came home my sister came running down the stairs, trying her best to be quiet so she wouldn't wake up our parents

"Look Everleigh! One Direction has updated their Twitter!" She screamed out. She's a big fan, just like me. She's only 2 and a half years younger than me along with my brother.

They're twins but often act like they don't even know each other. I think it comes along with them hating to share every of their milestones in their lives.

"Oh! What did the tweet say?" I asked excitedly. Who aren't interested in those boys?

"It says 'watch out everyone!'. What if they make a comeback this year?!" She couldn't really calm down, I was at her stage 2 years ago too so I get it. But I've learned to calm down since then. My room aren't glued in One Direction anymore 'cause I gave it to my sister. Now I only have more styled hints that I'm a fan. I am turning 25 next time after all.

"Well it's getting closer to July." I answered, shrugging my shoulders. It didn't hint to anything specific so I didn't want to guess, and give my hopes up.

"You're right! Actually do you know when we are flying?"

"Ehh, Thursday I think?" I said unsure. We're going to stay there for a week. Suddenly I heard loud drumbeat in my ears. It's always a little too loud when my little brother use his instruments even though he closes the door.

"JOSHUA CHRISTIAN SMITH, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DIE IN YOUR SLEEP YOU HAVE TO BE FREAKING QUIET!" I screamed on the top of my lungs. Since we're half American and half Scandinavian we all have some pretty messed up names, and no accents if you really wanted to know. But I guess that's what young parents did back in the day.

"Geez Everleigh, chill" my sister told me holding on to her ears.

"Sorry I just hate his drums at the moment, they stress me out." I usually just let it slide when I get annoyed about his drums, but when I try to do some work before dance class I can't concentrate. I do make some money, but I need some peace to do it since I work from home. And right now... I'm just too tired to deal with it.

"I know, I bet you're excited for our little getaway next week."

"Yeah, you could say that." I chuckled.

"Well I'm going to bed. It's getting late." She said while she let out a yawn. It's around 10pm so I begin to move myself upstairs too.

We're sharing a bathroom but we both have a separate rooms for ourselves. We both got ready for bed together, every night.

"Night Oakley!" Again one of the messed up names. The names separately is totally cool though. Together... not so much. Especially if your names are Cole and Astrid? I don't get it. My kids will never have that kind of names. Our middle names and last names are too Scandinavian for our American first names.

"Night Everleigh!"

I walked back in my room. I sat in my bed looking through all of my socials taped in 1D. I got a notification 'niallhoran is sending live" from Instagram and of course I clicked on it.

"Hello my people!" I heard a voice with a thick Irish accent holler from my phone. Niall was sitting in his usual spot with one of his guitars in his London flat, I assume, since it looks like it's dark outside for him too.

I watched his whole livestream cracking up here and there. My next boyfriend would for sure have to be like him. Just happy and caring. My last boyfriend cheated on me. I kind of knew it but I busted him before he could get to say it. It gave me some trust issues, yes. But only for strangers that I've met after him.

Niall didn't make it easy to set some low standards for my next love, let me say it like that. He is just perfect, and his smile never fails to give me a grin on my face from ear to ear. If not to talk about his ocean blue eyes with hints of a yellow-y-green tone in the middle of them.

Even when the lighting was bad as hell, they light up when he laughs or smiles. An hour later he started to cut of a little.

"Well guys I have to go to bed now, or have some food, I don't know, but maybe I'll see you in a week or two and then I will try to see if I can invite some of you on here!" Okay now I definitely need to watch out for a notification next week! I'm trying to watch as many as possible, even though I know that I can rewatch them on YouTube. It's just funnier and more enjoyable to watch live. That is the meaning with it after all.

That's hilarious enough also the meaning with live videos.

Every time I applied for an invite someone else got chosen, but the chance is so small. With only 5-6 people getting through out of 'turty tousand', as Niall would've said in his Irish accent, it's a hard game.

I fell asleep some minutes later. My days are so long at the moment. Waking up, do some work, take some free time, eat of course wouldn't miss that, dance, get home and go to bed.

———————————————————————

Author's note:

Hey y'all!
I hope you're enjoying the story so far. This is only the first chapter but I hope that you will read the next ones to come! How do you like the chapter? Please leave a comment to let me know! If you have some ideas for the stories or any grammars that's wrong, don't be afraid to comment either! Remember to follow me, vote it and leave a comment! If you want you can follow my TikTok too, it's @natasjae!
Love xx!