Chapter 3

~Mercy’s POV~

It took about a week for Kazuko to recover after that first night. All the while, she was unconscious, in a deep coma.

The doctors assured Lex (through me) that she was okay, and the coma she was in was the body’s way of healing and keeping itself safe.

I can say that I was a little unsteady after that night, having witnessed first hand how bad the trauma that the girl suffered at the hands of Brutus. I couldn’t stop thinking about what had happened, and my feelings grew for the girl, to the point that I wanted to know more about her.

I had already known her for awhile before this, but it never struck me to look into her files, and call her by her name. So after a few days of little to no sleep, I did, and I found more evidence to support what I already knew.

Subject K. A. 594301 was actually Lex’s biological daughter. And when I say that, I mean his real biological daughter. I knew that Lex always considered himself a ladies’ man, but I never expected him to hook up long enough with a woman to make something out of it.

Emiko Aramusha. That was her name. Apparently, Lex met Kazuko’s mother at a convention. She ended up running into him while she was trying to stop a rogue prototype tech bot from hurting other people, and his wine spilled all of the way down her front. She apologized to him, and then rushed off to help the others trying to corral the robot.

Fortunately, the bot was shut down, due to her quick thinking. From the notes, it seems that she was a capable leader, and ordered the other scientists so they could work together to shut the thing down.

My guess is that he was so impressed, he went out of his way to meet up with her again. From there, it seems that they spent more time together, and fell in love.

After a few months, Emiko discovered she was pregnant. She told Lex, who then wanted her to abort it, but she refused. In the end, she gave birth, but not without some complications that left her very weak.

She and Lex raised their child, whom Emiko named Kazuko Aramusha. Kazuko seemed to take after her mother in her looks and personality from a young age, but after a few years, Emiko fell sick and died…

I don’t know what happened after that, but somehow Kazuko got roped into being one of Lex’s test subjects… But I know Lex. Even though he’s done some pretty shady things, he wouldn’t be so cold as to make his own daughter into a test subject, I’m sure…

And then for this to happen, I’m sure he must be sick at heart, and very vulnerable…. Thus, I kept my tongue knowing that in his vulnerable state of mind, Lex might do something irrational to the person who brings it up to him, plus he really doesn’t appreciate it when one of his underlings takes an interest in one of the test subjects.

In fact, this sort of thing has happened before, with the Kryptonian project. One of the doctors must have been concerned the boy, and somehow leaked it so the Bat’s could get wind of it. After the resulting raid, Lex ended up tracking down all of the scientists and doctors there, and ‘questioned’ them.