Prologue

Hi guys! Just a quick author's note before I start my story. I just wanted to say that this is my first attempt at a fan fiction, so if something doesn't make sense, or if you spotted some edits that need to be done, feel free to tell me. Thanks, and enjoy!!

~Prologue~

12:30 pm, Lex Luthor's Office

Lex is sitting behind his desk when the phone rings. He picks it up.

"Lex! Get down here! Your shadow is trying to escape again and its nearly killed half of the guards down here!"

Lex sighed. Ever since Queen Bee was nearly killed by the Shadow, he was the one who had to deal with her rampages and pay for the damages she caused. He was starting to wonder if he would be able to break her spirit and stop the enormous amounts of money he was using to keep this experiment quiet.

Lex stood up, groaning quietly as he cracked his back. As he stood up, he wondered what was going on down there to make the head scientist ask Lex for his help. He grinned. Maybe there was hope after all for the Light's little project. It certainly sounded like she was finally giving into her rage.

Lex walked over to a door near his desk and called, "Marcy, we have a slight situation I need to deal with. Leave your paperwork and come with me. I may need your assistance in this endeavor."

A slim blonde haired woman opened the door and walked through, stopping at Lex's side.

"Sir, do you want me to call your car?"

Lex answered, "No, we are visiting an acquaintance of ours who needs help. Let's go."

~ 30 minutes later ~

They had arrived at a simple looking factory. But behind these walls was a place of nightmares. They walked in, only to find the hallways bloody with many still forms scattered around as if they had been carelessly thrown. Many of them had Lex's guard uniforms on, but some also had the trademark white lab coats of a scientist on.

He carefully stepped around them so he wouldn't get his high end shoes stained with their blood. As he walked past, he casually told Marcy, "Remind me later to get some more men down here to clean up this mess and replenish the man power down here."

"Yes sir." She dutifully replied. In the distance, they could hear the faint screaming of someone in intense pain, which made Lex pause, grinning wolfishly. 'That's right girl, give in to the sweet temptation of wreaking havoc on those who have hurt you. It makes my job that much easier.' He chuckles in a dark way, and he proceeds towards the sounds of the pained cries.

As they drew nearer to where the sounds originated, the prone bodies on the floor multiplied, making navigation between them that much harder. Lex sighed. 'And to think these are my favorite pair of shoes. Eh, no matter I'll just have Marcy pick up another pair of these. Alas, the sacrifices I have to make in my line of work.' He shrugged, and viciously kicked one of the blood covered bodies to clear a path for him to walk on.

Soon, strange horrible crunching sounds accompanied the screams up ahead, and eventually, those cries silenced, leaving the halls in eerie silence. Lex came to a steel door which was ripped apart from the inside and barely propped by another dead man's corpse.

Lex turned to Marcy, and coldly ordered, "Get this door open. I don't care how you do it, just make it happen." "Yes sir." She hurried ahead of him, and swiftly kicked the body that was blocking the door so that it slammed shut. She looked at Lex and said, "Please sir, stand back." He did as she requested, and quietly watched as she proceeded to blow open the door by blasting it with a barrage of high tech plasma blasts generated from a gun in her fake arm. When she finished and the smoke partially cleared, he stepped through the door, and surveyed the carnage before him. A broken mangled body was sprawled before a hideous half formed creature, which looked like it was half of a girl and some sort of cat demon.