Chapter 6

~3rd Person POV~

Shayera twitches impatiently as she waits, the tension getting to her.

"Well?" She snaps impatiently. But underneath her peeved tone is a hint of concern and fear.

"... She pulled through."

Shayera lets out a sharp breath, her shoulder relaxing. All around her are similar reactions from the others.

"However, she's not out of the woods yet. Frankly, it's a miracle how she's still breathing at this point. The damage in her brain and spinal cord were so severe -"

"Save it." Growls Vixen, her face an unhealthy shade of green. "I don't wanna hear the details, and the smell on you is making me sick."

Olly nods to the doctor. "Thanks for the update, Doc. 'Preciate it, but you might want to take a shower. No offense, but it looks like you just came out of a horror flick."

The doctor looks down at his blood stained scrubs and sighs.

"There's a shower to the left of the bathroom if you want to use it." Interjects Black Canary.

The doctor gratefully nods at her, then hurries off.

"Okay, what's the plan once she's stable?" Olly asks, getting right down to business.

"If you ask me, it should be the same as before. She still needs medical help, and someone to watch over, especially after what just happened." Shayera replies, scowling.

"Mm. But the personnel need to be safe as well. You both saw what she did to the Javelin, not to mention the destruction she caused in the park." Vixen comments. "We need a safe place to hold her, without the chance of her breaking free."

"You mean like Bel Rev?" Olly asks.

"No, we are not sending an innocent child who was experimented on to an institution filled with killers and murderers!" Shayera hotly retorts.

"I never said that!" Olly defends.

"... What about an inhibitor collar?" Vixen suggests.

Shayera shakes her head. "After she's been subjected to the same thing for how many years? She's probably traumatized by this already, and putting a collar on her would only make it worse! Even better, this has us stooping to the level of the ones who experimented on her!"

"Well, let's see you come up with something, Ms. Hotshot!" Vixen snaps.

The two glare at each other, sparks flying. The other two sigh at the love rivals, and turn to each other, deciding to stay out of their spat, and work on the problem on their own.

"Well, we need to contain her either way." Black Canary comments. "Both her powers and herself physically..."

Olly tilts his head, thinking for a bit before suggesting, "What about a reinforced room that dampens powers?"

Black Canary shoots him a sharp look. "That might work, but why not just build a room that prevents her powers?"

"Think about it. You wake up in a strange room, not knowing where you are. Wouldn't you want to protect yourself?"

Black Canary slowly nods, urging him on.

"Well for her, I'd bet that she'd shift to protect herself, and to feel safer and a bit more in control of the situation. She'd be ready if anyone dangerous confronts or attacks her, and knowing that would make her feel safer. That's what I'd feel if I was her, anyway."

"Okay, and the point is?"

Olly sighs. "Jeez hon, do I have to spell it out for you?"

"Just humor me." Is her exasperated reply.