Ch. 4: Well Along Came an Angel. Well, Sort of...

Editor Note: This is quite sad... Talon was already iffy about the whole thing, but now he is starting to lose hope. If you read this and like it, please vote/comment/share. Enjoy!

***************************************************

The bell finally struck forth, alarming all of my senses to return back to reality. Hours had passed and I had not heard a word the professor was lecturing during class. Luckily the assignments he demanded for next week were written on the board and I quickly wrote them in a note pad. I gathered my belongings and soon departed from the gray building to see it was already dark. The stars shined brightly in the dark sky and a beautiful crescent moon showcased its brilliance. A chilling breeze blew past me and I quickly grasped my coat tightly, shivering. I needed to hurry back to the dorm and get warm. Otherwise Alibeth The Wise and Noble would surely hunt me down. 

I grabbed the guide book and looked at it carefully. I followed the designated trail to where it was guiding me. As I walked on, I glanced ahead. I could have sworn this was not the way I had come earlier, but the map said otherwise. I hope this map is updated. I continued on for several minutes, finding myself in a dark area with which I was not familiar, surrounded by gargoyles and angelic statues hanging from the walls. The winds began picking up quickly. There must be a storm approaching and I was going to be caught in it.

"...Creepy. I feel like I'm stuck in a horror film." I said as I felt the presence of another person... then several.

I turned around quickly to see four men lounging against the walls of the gargoyles and angels. Their attention pointed at me almost instantaneously. A tall, muscular man was approaching me with the sickest grin I had ever seen. 

"Why, hello there... Aren't you past your curfew?" He let out a howl of laughter and his goons all joined in. I choked up and found myself against the wall backing away as if there wasn't any room to move back to in the first place. He confidently walked my way and leaned in towards me. 

"What's the matter, darling? Cat got your tongue? We're not bad people, the boys and I. Think of us as... security, yeah. We're here to be sure you make it to your dorm safely." He smiled a devilish smile that made my stomach knot up. 

Security my ass. As if I'd fall for something so mediocre. I was blonde, not stupid. It was clear what they were planning. I didn't want to bother thinking of the details. I tried to scoot away but his massive arm slammed against the wall and blocked my path. I screamed, panicking.

"Ah... you're afraid. I told you we're here to escort you to your dorm safely. No need to scream. We'll be very gentle, I promise. Nothing bad will happen..." 

His lies were interrupted by a familiar voice I had heard many times in my dreams and earlier today. That same angelic voice broke the silence of the night.

 "You shouldn't feed innocent girls such ugly stories like that. It’s as embarrassing as it is seeing four grown idiots stalking around campus in the middle of the night prowling like hyenas. Have you no shred of dignity?" The young man said smooth and collected.

The entire gang's attention including my own had pointed towards the young man. The Giant, as I called him, had lost interest in me and walked ahead of his gang to confront the opponent. There the young hero stood, practically glowing in the moon's crescent light, smiling innocently. He looked past the men and straight at me. My cheeks flushed red as I took notice to him and those sparkling crimson eyes of his. Fear was in my eyes and he saw it clearly. He held a single finger out gesturing for me to wait. 

"This won't take long, I promise. Sit still and be patient with me please. I'll handle them quickly." He spoke confidently.

The Giant snorted at his comment and looked down upon the young hero.