Ch. 7: The Valhahns

Editor Note: Here is the next chapter, please spread the word! I told Talon that Wattpadders are amazing people and y'all are kinda slacking... Enjoy this chapter!

******************************

We reached the stair case which was paved in marble. I felt I would slip and fall if I were to place one foot on it. Salem walked ahead of me stepping on the each staircase, assuring me it was safe, invading my thoughts. We were now standing in front of the door, where I felt the presence of several others behind it, waiting. I started to hyperventilate. I have never been so nervous in my entire life. I felt the cold press of Salem's hand, now resting where my heart was thumping, staring at me compassionately.

"Calm yourself, my love. It's alright. I'm with you every step of the way. Take a deep breath." He commanded. 

I did as he'd asked and held it for a brief moment, then released. 

"Feel better?" He asked. 

I nodded, still a bit nervous, but at least my heart was back on its normal tempo again. I looked at Salem, placing my hand over his that covered my heart. 

"I'm ready now." I said sheepishly. 

Salem shifted his eyes to the door, looking past it. 

"Then let's proceed." He then turned the knob of the door and it smoothly, silently opened. 

It was much brighter inside then it had appeared outside. Snow white marble covered the entire frame of the house. There were many sunroofs within it, intensifying the sun's rays to make the house shimmer with its light. A large dining room with a long sided table that could seat at least twenty people was decorated with neon silver silk with ancient china dishes. A fire place was across from the living room that had four very large couches placed around each other with a glass chess board in the middle. To the west end was a beautiful glass grand piano that led to a flight of stairs leading to what seemed like a library of books. I saw the next set of stair cases ahead of me which led to the second floor of the house and I saw a young boy leaning off the edge of the stairs, smiling playfully at me and then Salem. 

"So you finally managed to get her in here, huh Salem? I never knew a human could give you so much trouble. I thought you were supposed to be a chick magnet." The boy snickered to himself.

Salem let out a low snarl which caught me by surprise and made me jump. I had never heard such a feral sound come from him before.

"You're being rude to our guest, brat. Introduce yourself properly, unless you want me to embarrass you." Salem threatened with a lunatic smile. 

The boy was in front of me bowing his head before I even had time to register when he moved from point A to point B. 

"Sorry about that. I'm just in a playful mood. My name is Atreau Valhahn. I'm Salem's younger brother," He looked up at me smiling, revealing his set of white fangs. 

His eyes were the same color as Salem's, thought slightly darker. He looked about fourteen, beautiful brown skin like his older brother's, a short spiky hair due like he'd just risen from bed, and a bouncy personality. He was roughly around the same height as Salem. He smiled warmly. 

"It's nice to meet ya." He greeted.

I smiled in return, becoming more settled. 

"It's nice to meet you as well, Atreau. You have a very pretty name." I complimented.  

Atreau grinned widely snickering to himself again. 

"If I were human, I'd be blushing right now. Thanks." He said cheerfully.