Like theres no yesterday

Joey looked around the crowded room before his eyes settled back down to a sleepy Lauren leaning her head and entire torso onto his arm. They were sat in two separate seats near the corner but if Lauren had her way she'd be nuzzled into his neck while asleep on his lap.

He loved these types of events with friends and the fun energy, but he especially loved when they would wind down. The music would get slower and Lauren would be nursing a buzz or maybe if she pushed herself Joey would get tipsy Lauren. She never got too drunk for fear of losing control in public so it was always just Lauren but a little less afraid. In these moments, possibly being in the background of someone else's Instagram story was cast far from her mind. All she cared about was being close to Joey in a desperate state of extra sleepy and extra affectionate.

Joey rose to his feet slowly, careful to not have her fall, before holding out his hand out to Lauren. Confusion plastered on her face, she took his hand nonetheless, trusting him implicitly. He led them over to the outskirts of the dance floor wrapping his arms around her waist. She shot a soft smile before reaching up to connect her hands at the base of his neck.

Dance, like you've never been hurt, like you've never been sad, baby

Staring into one another's eyes, the two were lost in their own world oblivious to anything that wasn't the song playing or how they felt in one another's arms. Lauren could faintly hear Joey humming along  and she could feel it through her fingertips though it felt as though it flowed through her entire body. Though she was unaware of what the song actually was, she made a mental note that this one was going to become a favorite of hers.

Dance, like this beautiful moment is all that's you have

Lauren's hair fell into her eyes but Joey took the opportunity to move it before Lauren had a chance to. Gently dragging the hair back behind her ear, he slid his hand back to her face dragging his thumb along her jawline.

Don't be afraid all your waitin' is over
Just look in my eyes and not over your shoulder

Lauren had fallen out of the trance momentarily glancing around to see who could see them. Joey, who's hand was still on her face guided her back to look at him.

"Just stay here." Joey whispered leaving a light peppering of kisses on her forehead.

Don't let one memory get in your way

He could swear that he heard her sigh of contentment over the music and watched her shoulders fall relaxed. He hadn't even noticed she was even wound up but as he watched her relax further into his touch, he wanted her as close to him as she could appropriately get in public. Although if she turned and asked him to go home at that moment, he wasn't sure he would even say goodbye to anyone.

Baby, dance like there's no yesterday

She gingerly laid her head on his chest, bringing her hands to sit on top of him at either side of her face. He slid his hand from her face into her hair, stroking it lightly. He leaned in closer to her ears and lightly sang the end of the chorus. She resided, though her thoughts were a little fuzzy, if she could stay here, swaying with him to the music for the rest of her life, she would be happy.

AN: hi here is a short little guy bc I love this song so much (like there's no yesterday by Mark Willis) and it's so cute. I hope the sleepy overtones came through I'm just constantly exhausted! Also I started a new lil project called 101 (or so) ways to say I love you. It is also a Richpez moment. So absolutely no pressure BUT if you wanna check it out feel free! Have a great day y'all!!