-14- is this really a rescue

Izuku's POV

The door burst open a loud bang echoed out as it hit the cement wall, the hinges creaking and snapping at the sheer force.

But it want the big metal door that had opened. No, it was the door with the small glass panel that led to a hallway.

And there standing tall was tomura. His cheeks were flushed and his breathing was heavy as if he had been running a marathon.

"Izuku we need to go! Now!" And I didn't hesitate. I didn't need to. It was tomura. Of course he would come back.

I shot up from my chair, the sudden movement pushing it back. My balance was off because of the uncomfortably positioned handcuffs.

I raced to the door and tomura grabbed at the cuffs. And seconds later they were gone just dust on the cold floor.

"I missed you." Tears may or may not have prickled at the back of my eyes. But it's been a long couple days and tomura is the first warmth I had felt in a long while.

"You know I missed you to but we need to go." I gave a fast nod as tomura grabbed hold of my hand and yanked me into the hall just in time to get me out of the officers close grip.

We took off down the hall. It was narrow, only one person would be able to walk down.

Soon there were four guards after us. But they all followed the leader in a rushed line because of the little space.

They could only be four or five meters away and our small figures ran down the hall easily as I watched the grown men's shoulders get caught and there large rough hands scrape the wall.

Tomura was in the front his hand back holding onto mine as we ran in a single file line. I couldn't even see the end of the hall. It just kept on going only dim lamps every few yards lighting the damp narrow hall.

"Wait stop." I came out as a mumble, barely heard over the echoing sound of pounding footsteps.

I pulled tomuras hand towards me forcing him to stop abruptly and spin the face me at the force. He shot me a look as if asking if I was crazy or had some sort of death wish. I did not.

"We can't keep running." So I did the only thing I saw reasonable. I let one for all flow through my body, the electrical sparks tingling under my skin as the red lights roped around my limbs sending a wave of energy into my very soul. The feeling never got old.

But never mind that. The guards were fast approaching and I wouldn't be able to keep running. They would get us at some point. But I'm not with hurting people. I'm still a hero.

So I kicked the wall just a foot in front of me to my right. The power sizzled as I landed the kick.

The wall, though made of cement, shattered like glass at the pure force and pressure of my single kick.

I saw tomura cover his eyes to shield himself from the falling debri that fell around us at if a tornado had miraculously wiped through.

The cement crumpled to the ground making it impossible to see the other side where we had come from. But my plan worked. The kick made a decent obstacle as well as distraction.

And with perfect timing, as always, a familiar swirling purple portal opened up feet away from us offering escape. Freedom.

So what was on the other side.

——————————————————-

Uh oh next chapter is when the conflict comes in. A little lovers quirl if you will. I won't spoil it for you my little duckies🐤🐤🐤