════|Chapter 1|════

His heart ached; an overwhelming presence of pain invaded his once joyful mind which now is tattered with nothing but heartache. A heartache he coated with a mask of happiness, an energetic ball of sunshine.

"Oy, boke quit staring let's go get changed." A grumpy voice spoke bringing the ginger head back to this unwanted reality.

"Shut up, bakayama!!" Hinata exclaimed and slowly trailed behind the Blackett ahead of him, once again losing himself in his own thoughts of despair. They entered the now open change rooms and were greeted by the warm, welcoming smiles of their upperclassmen. "Morning you two!" Sugawara smiled, slipping on his volleyball shoes.

"Morning!" The duo responded.

Hinata quickly removed his jacket and black pants. He put on his black shorts and with quickly put on his shoes. Quickly, he shoved his things into his sports bag and rushed out of the change rooms with his best friend yelling at him with his curses.

The two raced towards the gym as they had done so many times.

Upon arriving they set up the gym with their upperclassmen while waiting for the rest of the team's presence. Hinata rolled the trolley full of volleyballs beside the net and pulled out one, excitedly doing small receives while waiting.

"Morning."

His ears perked at the familiar tone, he held onto the ball and looked at the owner of the blunt voice. A chorus of 'good morning's' followed through while the small male just helplessly stared at the blonde. However, just staring at the taller male reminded him of the aching in his chest. He felt something itching in his throat, as he watched him walk towards the captain where everyone had gathered.

A small cough escaped his lips.

"Hinata, let's go!" A loud voice echoed through the gym. Hinata jumped a little and hurriedly threw the ball back into the trolley. He muttered an apology when he had grouped up with the rest of the team.

After going through warmup and stretches, the group then proceeded to practice with receives. Unfortunately for Hinata, who wanted to hit a ball not receive one despite improving on his skills, couldn't focus.

Multiple times the ball had hit him on the face and multiple times he failed to go for a flying receive and ended up face first on the ground. His actions had gone unnoticed to the second years, but it did not get passed Sugawara and Daichi.

Sugawara approached Hinata with a look of concern sprawled all over his face.

"Hinata, are you feeling, ok?" Sugawara asked.

Hinata who was drinking water from his water bottle just forced a simple grin. "Yeah! I'm just tired, Natsu had homework and wouldn't stop complaining to my mom, so I couldn'tsleep with all the loud whining." Hinata answered with ease. With no hint of guilt what-so-ever, telling a lie was much simpler than telling the truth.

"Oh, well try to get some sleep tonight, we need you." Sugawara smiled and walked off.

Hinata just nodded, his smile quickly fading once the silver head had turned to walk away. His brown eyes travelled to the other side of the court, seeing the green head smiling at the blonde as he talked.

Yet again the painful feeling returned and Hinata gulped back the urge to cough. Do I have a cold? He asked himself and brought his hand to his forehead to feel his temperature, but oddly enough it felt normal.

The ginger head just shrugged it off and regrouped with the others to continue their practice.

~