Chapter 10

After being blasted out of the past from the Chaos Emerald, Shadow fell back. He hit his head but quickly stood up. Luna's eyes glowed, she was forming a teal flame in her hand, while at the same time making objects fly across the area. "They replaced me! FOR YOU!" she shouted, sending a blast right at him. It was similar to a Chaos Blast but more powerful. The blast sent Shadow flying back, crashing into buildings.

Even though he felt weakened, Shadow found some strength and raced towards her. "CHAOS CONTROL!" he shouted.

Using it to stop her movement, he raced over to grab her arm, twisting it back to try and stop her. "Luna! Listen to me! You are not alone! But you can't continue like this!" Shadow cried, keeping a tight grip on her. 

"Don't play with me!" she snapped, getting down on her knees, and then used her legs to push Shadow to the ground. Shadow was now at the mercy of Luna who twisted his wrist. "You're coming back with me! I will show this world what it has really needed!" Luna announced. "Dr. Eggman will make sure the Earth gets what it needs, what it's been missing. Something you clearly couldn't give it!" That last part confused Shadow, considering Eggman was someone who was always up to no good. "W-Wait? Dr. Eggman? He found you?" he asked stunned. "YES! If that wasn't already clear enough!" Luna shouted, twisting his wrist harder.

"AGH! Y-You've made it clear! But look, I've been in the same spot as you! He's just going to backstab you! All our creators and rulers are liars! They're just trying to get something out of this!" Shadow warned. "Why should I, believe you!?" That's when she just snapped his wrist and threw him off into the distance. Shadow winced in pain as he stood up, clutching his arm tightly.

Seeing her so angry made him somewhat fearful of his sister. She was walking closer to him, making everything around her crumble. "You should've killed me when you had the chance." she snarled. "CHAOS SP-" she shouted, before being cut off by someone who took her down to the ground. Her head hit the pavement, sending the Emerald rolling off closer to Shadow. "Ugh! Get off me!" Luna snapped.

"Not a chance." Rouge snapped, continuing to hold her down. Using another hidden knife in her sleeves, Luna waved her arm back, trying to hit anything that was close to her side. "AH! Shadow help!" she cried, trying to avoid Luna's weapon. Shadow rushed over and pinned down an arm. "I've got this one!" he shouted. However, Luna wasn't going to stay like this. Her new powers were going to help her.

Telekinesis helped to move the nearby rubble of rocks towards them, trying to aim right at their faces. "Rouge look out!" Shadow cried, grabbing his friend and quickly getting out of the way.

Before running off, Luna grabbed the Chaos Emerald she dropped and continued running.

Only then was it that Shadow and Rouge realized that she was sprinting to getaway. "We need to get her." Shadow told her. "Understood, I'll send out the message." Rouge replied, using her wristwatch to communicate with the others. "Luna's on the loose! Repeat, Luna is on the loose! Try to find her! We need to catch her!" Rouge instructed on the watch. "On it!" the voices on the wristwatch shouted.

Thinking she was safe in an alleyway, Luna took a deep breath. As much as she hated her brother and all his friends, she knew it was too early to take them down. "Excuse me? Miss?" A voice asked her. Shocked, Luna jolted back into the alleyway, looking at the small rabbit with her Chao.

"Oh, I didn't mean to scare you! But I was wondering, have you seen any of my friends? I've lost my way after chasing them to get here. I'm not very fast!" Cream asked her, giggling. "Y-Your friends? Oh... um... no. I don't believe so." Luna sighed. "Could you help me? I don't like being by myself..." Cream whimpered. "Chew chew!" Cheese added. Seeing that she truly was very upset, Luna sighed and pushed away all the emotions she felt and walked towards her. "Alright, I'll help you." she mumbled and gently pushed her along. "Yay! Thank you, um, what's your name?" Cream asked. "It's Luna." "Wow really? That's so cool! Where'd you come from?"

This little rabbit girl... is a lot like... Maria... "I'm... I'm from Space..." she said at last. "Ooh really? What's it like?" "It's rather... lonely. Unless you have someone there with you by your side." "Did you like it up there?" "I did... for a while..."

They continued to walk, Cream continuing to ask many questions, while Luna, didn't seem to mind all that much. She was surprised to find someone so cheery that she could tolerate. Unlike everyone else, she has come across. As they continued, Luna noticed that both Cream and Cheese were getting a little sleepy. They yawned and rubbed their eyes as they walked. "You're tired aren't you?" Luna asked. "Maybe just a little bit!" Cream smiled trying to shake it off.

It was late at night. Luna doubted she was going to have any more problems. She gently carried Cream up against her, as if she was still an infant. Cheese was placed in a small backpack that Luna kept with her. After getting them both situated, she gently flew into the sky. Looking down at the ground below her. "If I wasn't so sleepy, I'd be a little worried being so high up." Cream told her. "Don't worry, I won't let harm come your way."

"Look out for those who need it! The world needs someone like you!" Luna thought, remembering the words Maria told her long ago. A while later, Luna found a mother looking around frantically. She soared down to the ground and saw where she saw Vanilla searching, wondering where her kid went. That's when she noticed Luna. "Oh my goodness... please! I know who you are! I just want my baby!" she cried.

She had never seen someone so afraid. Luna looked down at Cream who was still sleeping and cautiously approached Vanilla. Wondering why she was doing this, Vanilla backed up and watched in horror.

But instead of hurting her or making any threatening moves. "Here," she said, handing over Cream. Then she gently took Cheese out, realizing that he had dropped a Chaos Emerald in her bag. However, Luna decided to keep those details to herself. "I denied any harm to come their way. I'll be out of your grill now." Luna told her, then flew away into the sky.

Shocked, Vanilla stood there, wondering what just happened.

Luna headed back into an alley. Not being able to stop thinking about Cream who she encountered. While there wasn't anything that wasn't going to stop her from completing her mission, there was something about the organisms that she thought was...

Special.

Why was it that way though? She didn't understand. However, helping the Earth now had a much bigger meaning to her. But for now, she had to make a cruel move.