Chapter Eight

Sebastian's POV 

I ran down with Ciel towards the sound of the scream. I got there just in time to find my now fiancee falling into my arms unconscious. I picked her up bridal style and held her as I watched Angela run up behind us.  

I placed Gabriella in her room before following the others to find Lord Barrymore's body. It seemed that we would be staying longer than the young master Ciel believed us to be. The villagers began to sing there song and Angela passed out in the site of Lord Barrymore's body. I knew it was all fake, but I let it go for now.  

"It's a shame young master," I claimed when we were back in his room. "after you claimed the case closed." I did my famous closed eyes smile and saw the anger in his eyes.  

"Shut up." He glared at me. I smiled and bowed as always. I promised Gabriella I would act as nothing has changed and obey Ciel as my master until his revenge is finished. Now I couldn't wait until it was so I could have my bride.  

"This village has been isolated from society out of fear from the 'demon hounds' curse." I was snapped back from my thoughts as Ciel spoke. "I thought we established that it was all the work of Lord Henry so that he could rule here. But now Lord Henry is..." He went off without saying.  

I later began to get the young master ready for bed as I did every night. He eyes me the entire time, next moving his gaze.  

"Anything the matter, young master?" I asked.  

"Is there anything going on between you and Gabriella that I am not aware of?" I smiled my closed eyed smile as I finished dressing him.  

"Why not ask Lady Gabriella?" I asked, holding the covers open so he could climb in. He looked at me from his pillow, still going on with the question.  

"Because I am asking you. Answer me." Ciel glared. I knew this was going to break it out.  

"There is something, but I am not allowed to discuss it without her permission. I will say that it has nothing to do with her soul if that is what you are worried about." I bowed and started to head for the door.  

"Wait!" He stopped me in my tracks. "What do you mean you are not allowed to tell me?! I am your master!" He glared at me. "Am I not?!"  

"For the most part, yes. Lady Gabriella may over rule you at any moment though." I bowed and left him at that. I knew his anger would blow up tomorrow morning. Nonetheless, I headed to Gabriella's room to make sure she was okay.  

She was sound asleep on her bed where I left her when we went out. I closed her bedroom door behind me, removed my coat and shoes, and laid down next to my sleeping angel until morning rose and I had to rise along with it.  

Gabriella's POV 

I woke up to what seemed like a morning sky. I hoped last night was all I was out for. I turned to find a rose on the pillow next to me with a black bow around it. I knew automatically who it was from.  

"Sebastian." I stated as I felt my face flush red. I wondered what today would have to offer. I dressed and headed down to join Ciel for breakfast.  

"Today's tea is featured with a cabinet pudding made with local berries." I smiled as Sebastian set my plate in front of me. I wished sometimes that he could join us instead of just stand by and watch us.  

"Hmph." Ciel replied after taking a bite. "You seem care free." He looked up at his butler.  

"There is no need to rush." Sebastian smiled. Just then, Mey-Rin bursted through the door. He really knew how to call it.