Chapter Seven

Gabriella's POV                       

Dear Diary                                                                                                         July 1888 

Ceil received yet another calling from the Queen. A place she planned to turn into a resort was being pluaged by rumors of a demon hound killing anything in it's path that it chooses. I am not sure about a demon hound, but I guess knowing Sebastian and what he is I should keep an open mind.  

Speaking of, since I haven't really written in here since I have been back home, I suppose I should tell you about him. I know he is a demon with a contract with my brother. At the end of seeking out revenge for Ciel, Sebastian will eat his soul. Of course, I am trying to change that and have Sebastian take me instead. I am not sure how this will play out. Sebastian told me he will think about it and it has been a while. Maybe he is waiting for my soul to smell better for him? I know I am not as full of hatred as my brother, but I do want the same thing. I want the people who have made my family suffer through all of this, no matter who it is, to suffer a pain worse than hell. I can hope.  

Sebastian and I have been getting along better too. Oh my gosh, it is getting better and better as time goes on and I am starting to think I am losing my mind. I mean, I know what he is, yet I don't seem to care. He seems to me like any other man I could fall for. he watches me some of the night, when he isn't busy, because he doesn't sleep. It feels nice to know I am protected. I like it. And we can talk a lot about almost anything. We have found ourselves talking for hours while he is cleaning the mansion or cooking. Even at night, he will tell me stories of the things he has seen in the past to help me fall asleep, but sometimes I get so interested,  I forget I am suppose to be falling asleep. He has seen so much in all the time he has been here, watching the human race age and begin to grow and grow. I have seen so little, but I learn so much from his stories. Sometimes, if I close my eyes and just listen to his voice, I feel like I am actually there. I don't always like hearing the things he's done or the people he's contracted with, but it is all interesting nonetheless. Well, I have to go. Off to the resort building site!  

The servants were very excited about our visit to Houndsworth. They were surprised that Ciel invited them to begin with. They have yet to know the full story. I sighed.  

"Resort! Resort! We're going to a resort!" The three sang. Mey-rin, Finny, and Bard rode in the carriage next to us.  

"They seem extremely happy you invited them, young lord." Sebastian commented. "What a gracious master." I chuckled at Ciel who gave Sebastian an evil look. He was milking.  

"Hmph.." Ciel looked into the distance. I wondered slightly what was bothering him before being interrupted by the three idiots behind us. An old woman rolling a baby carriage spotted us in her singing but seemed out of it.  

"I'll help you miss!" Finny jumped from his carriage.  

"Finny, be careful for the baby!" Mey-Rin shouted a little too late. Finny had already toppled over the baby carriage revealing the skull of a dog rather than a child. The three servants screamed in terror as the old woman sang a creepy song as she walked off.  

"There is a reason that I, the Queen's Guard Dog, had to come here in person." Ciel spoke to us as he continued to look in the distance. "People have been reported missing around here or violently killed. I need to find out the real cause of it and put it to rest." Sebastian turned his head towards Ciel, his eyes flashing red for a moment. I glared at him as his attention shifted towards me. His face softened and he gave me a wink before turning his attention back to the road.