Chapter 12: Predacons Rising: Part 2

3rd Person POV

On the Nemesis

Dante walked down the halls of the Nemesis, thoughts wandering. Currently, Soundwave was searching for Megatron's signal in order to find Unicron while Ratchet tended to Ultra Magnus. Laserbeak and Ravage were off who knows where, and Steve and Flareup were doing who knows what. As for the others, Bulkhead, Smokescreen, and Bumblebee were discussing possible ways to take down Unicron. Arcee had walked off sometime during all this, and Dante was currently trying to find her.

Walking over to Arcee's quarters, Dante opened the door and saw the blue femme sitting on her berth. "You doing alright?" he asked.

"I'm fine," Arcee replied.

"No, you're not," Dante said and sat down next her.

"It so unfair!" Arcee burst out. "We've already given everything to get back our world, and just when we succeeded, we're in danger of losing it again."

Dante sighed. "Look, Arcee. I'm not going to lie. Things don't look good right now, what with the literal incarnation of Chaos knocking on our front door. And the Archives had nothing about what would happen, so I don't know anything about the future here."

"You're not really helping," Arcee muttered.

"But what I do know," Dante said, gently raising her head so that she was looking at him. "Is that you never give up. Even on Cybertron, when it seemed all was lost, you never gave up. You were there for me when I needed you the most. Now... I'm here for you."

Arcee smiled. "Thanks, Dante." She kissed him. "Maybe you're not so bad at this whole comforting thing after all."

Dante smirked. "Well, if you're feeling better, then it looks like I did a good job."

"Shut up," Arcee grumbled, punching him in the arm.

"Yup, you're definitely better," Dante said laughing.

Arcee shook her head. "You're an idiot."

"But I'm your idiot."

"True enough." Arcee leaned against Dante, head resting on his shoulder while Dante wrapped an arm around her. For a while, neither of them moved, merely enjoying each other's company. Eventually, Steve called over the monitor. "Hey, guys, you need to see this."

Dante sighed and stood up, Arcee following. "I wonder what Flareup blew up this time."

"Just so you know," Flareup added over the intercom. "I didn't blow up anything."

"Sure," Dante muttered as he and Arcee walked down the hallway and into the main room where everyone else was. "What's going on?"

In response, Soundwave pointed to the monitor.

"Megatron's life signal," Ratchet realized.

"So somewhere inside that new body armor, he's still alive?" Arcee asked disbelievingly.

"He's perished and returned before," Ratchet stated. "A phenomenon no doubt aided by the blood of Unicron, which has coursed through his veins."

"The coordinates indicate he's left Darkmount," Bumblebee pointed out.

Soundwave immediately turned to a monitor and typed something in. Almost immediately, a location popped up on the screen.