Chapter 9: Persuasion

3rd Person POV

South Pole

Predaking, Dante, and Optimus faced each other, snow whirling around them.

"It took a cataclysm to extinguish Cybertron's original Predacon inhabitants," Predaking boasted. "You never stood a chance against me, Prime. Or you, demon. In fact, the time has come for your extinction!"

Predaking transformed his arm into a blaster and fired.

Forming a shield, Dante blocked the blow. "Bring it!" he challenged, forming blades.

Predaking charged, and the Rev-9 and Optimus charged to meet him.

Predaking blasted at the pair, but Dante slid under the blow while Optimus shot into the air.

Forming a clawed gauntlet on his arm, Dante slammed Predaking in the jaw, sending the Predacon staggering backward.

As Predaking stumbled, Optimus flew down from above and slammed into Predaking, sending him flying to the ground. Snarling, Predaking surged to his feet and lashed out, swinging at Optimus, only for the Prime to catch his blow.

Predaking swung his other fist, only for Dante to intercept it.

Together, Optimus and Dante slammed Predaking in the chest, sending him crashing to the ground.

"Stand down, Predacon," Optimus ordered.

"I am Predaking!" Predaking shouted. "And I will never bow to your kind!"

Charging forward, Predaking backflipped, kicking Optimus in the jaw and sending him crashing backward, knocked out. Midair, Predaking transformed, landing as a beast and sending a blast of fire at Optimus, only for Dante to block it.

Knocking another blast of fire to the side with a shield, Dante formed his blades.

Predaking growled and prepared to attack, only for Dante to suddenly deconstruct his weapons.

"Tell me, Predaking," Dante said. "Do you have enough honor to face your opponent in a fair fight?"

Predaking snarled and transformed. "Very well, demon," Predaking stated. "If it is your wish, I shall engage you in combat."

Dante nodded and assumed a fighting stance, hands changing into talons. "Let's make this fair, shall we?"

He and Predaking began circling, eyeing each other for weakness. "Tell me, Predaking," Dante said. "You say you will never bow to Cybertronian kind, then why do you?"

"I bow to no one!" Predaking charged and swiped at Dante's head, only for the Rev-9 to catch the blow.

"Seems to me like you do," Dante replied, catching Predaking's other hand before kicking him in the chest, sending him skidding back. "Why else would you bow to Megatron?"

Predaking growled. "He is the one who granted me life, and therefore, I am honor-bound to him and his cause." He charged and swiped at Dante's head.

Ducking the blow, Dante kicked Predaking in the knee, causing him to fall.

Pivoting, Dante uppercut Predaking in the jaw before spinning and slamming his foot into his head, sending the Predacon to the ground.

"You are honorable, that I'll grant you," Dante said, charging. Blocking a blow to his side, he elbowed Predaking in the torso before punching him back. "But tell me. Why would a king be honor-bound to the one who ordered his own kind's extermination?"