Chapter 10: Deadlock

3rd Person POV

Autobot Base

Everyone stood outside the Autobot base, the small drone ready to go.

"You sure we don't need to install a GPS on our scout here?" Fowler asked, gesturing to the drone.

"Too risky," Wheeljack said, shaking his head. "Both sides are gettin' real good at rooting out that kind of trick."

"Besides," Smokescreen added. "We don't need a tracker."

"We have Optimus," Raf finished.

Optimus walked forward and stopped next to the drone.

"But won't the Cons see you coming, big guy?" Miko asked.

"That paint job isn't exactly subtle," Katie agreed.

"They won't see him till it's too late," Flareup said excitedly.

Steve nodded. "If Optimus is cloaked, the warship won't sense him till he's within firing range of its cannons."

"We'll be prepared for immediate mobilization upon your command, sir," Ultra Magnus said.

"Good luck, Optimus," Smokescreen said.

"Be safe," Elita added, embracing her Sparkmate.

"You got this," Bumblebee said.

"Whatever the outcome," Optimus stated. "Know that Ratchet would be most proud of your contribution, Rafael."

Raf smiled.

"Come on, kid," Wheeljack said with a grin.

"Let's light it up!" Flareup cheered.

Raf nodded and turned to the drone. Pressing a button on the remote, Raf activated it, and the drone shot into the sky.

"Blast off!" Katie and Miko cheered, pumping their fists.

Optimus deployed his wings and followed the drone while the others watched from below.

Timeskip

Everyone watched the monitor as Dante tracked Optimus using the satellites.

"Prime, haven't heard from you in a while," Fowler called. "Everything all right up there?"

"So far, Agent Fowler," Optimus replied.

"What happens when the Cons ID Laserbeak's signal?" Jack asked.

"With luck, they won't see him until he makes visual contact," Dante said.

"The boss will be fine," Wheeljack said dismissively.

"Let's hope," Arcee said, exchanging looks with Dante, Steve, Flareup, and Katie.

Timeskip

It had been several hours since the last communication, and all seemed to be well. That was, until a call came in.

"Who is it?" Bulkhead asked.

"Is it Optimus?" Elita added hopefully.

Wheeljack checked the signal. "I don't recognize the caller."