18. Lacrimosa

|| a/n: ANGST, ANGST EVERYWHERE, please be careful. I also modified the original Mozart's piece of the requiem to fit better in the chapter, please don't hate me. ||

.

.

.

Since midnight of November 1st a series of deaths scattered around the prefecture of Yokohama caught L's attention. They were not that obvious, of course. It was hard to find them among the Yokohama Kira daily killings.

It was almost 4am and L was waiting anxiously for the fourth suspicious killing and thus the fourth note. Until that moment he managed to gather what it seemed to be a short story.

.

"𝐼𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒳𝒱. 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓇𝓊𝓁𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝑒𝑜𝓅𝓁𝑒 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂. 𝒪𝓃𝑒 𝒹𝒶𝓎, 𝒳𝒱 𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒶 𝒷𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓇𝓎 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝓊𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓉: 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓌𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒸𝒶𝓀𝑒.
«𝑀𝒶𝓎 𝐼 𝒽𝑒𝓁𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊, 𝓈𝒾𝓇?» 𝐼𝐼 𝒶𝓈𝓀𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝓀𝒾𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎. 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝒸𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝒾𝓇 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓅."

.

What was the meaning of that scene? Moreover, L was not just anxious but uneasy too. The fact that Light didn't come back at his normal life bothered him: it was almost as if the roles switched between Light and L. And now a new riddle from the other Kira? He had the feeling that the entire situation was getting out of his hand.

And Ryoko. As if she realised everything, she was avoiding the HQ like the plague. And if she decided to see L, she would wear sunglasses and a mask on her face. He had to talk to her as soon as possible, he had to give her something important.

L's laptop turned on and its bright light blinded him but he didn't care. In front of him what he was waiting: the fourth report.

«Let's see how the story continues»

.

.

.

♰ TIME SKIP ♰

Outside it was almost dawn. Shy pink rays started to warm the city. However, heavy dark clouds covered what would otherwise be a wonderful sky. It was past 6:30am and L collected all the notes from 12 different yet specific killings planned by Kira. Each 4 deaths, a tarot card was found near the body: number XIII, Death, number II, the High Priestess and number XV, the Devil. In those six hours, double the amount of people died and L concluded that it was a message for him and him alone.

.

"𝐼𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒳𝒱. 𝐻𝑒 𝓇𝓊𝓁𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝑒𝑜𝓅𝓁𝑒 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂. 𝒪𝓃𝑒 𝒹𝒶𝓎, 𝒳𝒱 𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒶 𝒷𝒶𝓀𝑒𝓇𝓎 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝓊𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓉: 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓌𝒷𝑒𝓇𝓇𝓎 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒸𝒶𝓀𝑒.

«𝑀𝒶𝓎 𝐼 𝒽𝑒𝓁𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊, 𝓈𝒾𝓇?» 𝐼𝐼 𝒶𝓈𝓀𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝓀𝒾𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎. 𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝓃𝑒𝓌 𝒸𝓁𝒾𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝒾𝓇 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓅.