13. Hazard

|| a/n: some dialogues are from the main manga / anime || 

.

.

.

It was a peaceful evening at Tokyo. It was not that cold and Ryoko could enjoy the chilly air around her. However, beside her someone was not that happy. For some time now, Matsuda had been feeling somewhat inadequate about the Kira case. At the HQ, Mogi and Soichiro successfully helped L collecting all the useful information and data about the case but Matsuda...his only task was to pretend to be Misa's manager. Ryoko felt bad for him, that was why she was with him in that moment.

«Don't worry Matsui. I'm sure Ryuzaki will acknowledge your efforts in the investigations» they were standing one beside the other at the Nishinaka's newest movie. It was taking place near the main offices of the Yotsuba company.

«Asami-chan!» he said suddenly making Ryoko jump in surprise.

«Yes?»

«I don't want to wait until Ryuzaki admits it. I know he will never do it...but I want to chip in the investigations anyways!»

«What do you mean- wait! Matsui!» Ryoko looked around her trying to understand what caught Matsuda's attention. She recognised the Yotsuba's building and understood everything.

Unsure what to do, she instinctively decided to follow Matsuda despite she knew she would regret it soon.

.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, at the Kira Task Force HQ, Light Yagami was thinking back to the day he witnessed an hijack in a bus, where the main kidnapper was killed by a car. Using this particult episode, L and Light concluded that the kidnapper's death was maneuvered by Kira himself. Hence, Kira could kill by other ways than heart attacks. 

Once back to work, Watari called in order to inform L that a private detective called Eraldo Coil was hired by the Yotsuba itself in order to track him down. Whoever called offered a huge amount of money for this job. 

«Who called?» asked L. 

«A man called Masahiko Kida, a Yotsuba executive» 

«Great work, Watari» L said to the screen of his computer knowing he was watching him.

Of course, Soichiro showed his worry. Since Eraldo Coil was famous for being a great detective much like L, the old Yagami was afraid that this man could, in fact, track him. But L was preparred: he told Soichiro not to worry about it given that he wasa Coil. Moreover, he was also Deveuve, another important detective. This turn of events proved that the Yotsuba company had, indeed, connection with Kira and L decided to involve two new characters: Aiber and Wedy. 

«So I just need to get closer to him? No problem» Aiber said with a satisfied smirk. L thanked him.

«And you want me to make it possible to get around the security cameras and systems at this Yotsuba company where he works?» Wedy asked L while smoking a cigarette, the sunglasses made it difficult to see her eyes.

«Indeed» L simply replied. "I wonder why Asami-chan is not answering my calls..." he turned his swivel chair towards the laptop and called Watari.

«Yes?»

«Watari please, track Asami-chan's phone...she is not answering my calls. Last time she did it she was hostage in a train with Matsuda»