Chapter 1

Sunlight burned through my curtains as a sign of the days beginning. I always dreaded my time at home, people think of home as a form of comfort but to me, it is the main source of my pain.

I drag myself out of the blankets on my floor that I call my bed and sprint to the shower and stripping once I have bolted the door to take a quick shower. Once I feel clean I wrap myself in a towel avoiding the mirror in fear of the marks that bind me here reminding me of how worthless I am and checking the hall is clear before running across the hall to my bedroom to get ready for my day.

Once my brown shoulder length curly hair is dry I slip on some fresh underwear and select ripped skinny jeans and a black top sporting green day and my favorite red hoodie I put them on and a pair of blue fluffy socks then make my way downstairs listening for any sounds of life and coming up empty. Slipping into the kitchen I grab a bright red apple that is a deeper shade than my hoodie...the color of blood beautiful and metallic placing it in my pocket to allow me to slip on my black combat boots. Before leaving my personal hell.

My apple is finished by the time I have made it to town thought it tasted minty from my rash decision to brush my teeth before eating. I enter the bar and let Cory know I am ready to start my usual shift. From the people who are already drunk I know, today is going to be just as bad here as it is at home.

It's 9:35 in the evening when I start back home with foul smelling drunken pirates littering the ally ways. Remembering I have 25 minutes to get home I speed up knowing that even being 38 seconds late will be painful I hastily cut through an alleyway to get there faster. However, I regret the decision when my ass Is groped making my eyes widen in shock and disgust as I spin round right hooking the ass hole in the face causing him to stumble. The look in his eyes after he regains his balance makes me wish my sai were still with me and not destroyed by the monster that occupies the majority of the house. When the man snarls at me and withdraws a blade arching it behind him ready to swing I know it's foolish to try and avoid the inevitable and close my mismatched eyes preparing for the blow only to be graced with the sound of choking and a small drop of blood on my cheek making me open my eyes in curiosity wondering what happened.

When they adjusted to the dark I saw a man with golden eyes like honey but the predatory look made them look more like a hawk, in his grasp was a beautifully crafted sword. His coat was open revealing an impressive show of abs gracing his abdomen showing he must keep in shape with regular exercise of some sort.His hat shadowed the majority of his other features other than his black facial hair. " Thank you for helping me but I need to get going so........bye" and with that, I spun on my heal preparing to run knowing I would be late if I didn't and not leave now. My movements halted when a masculine voice that sent shivers down my spine broke the silence of the alleyway " Your welcome, you don't have to run I'm not going to hurt you" confusion set in and my words were spilling before I even knew my mouth was moving " I'm not scared of you but I need to get home I'm pretty sure he's counting every second that goes by with a twitching palm so I'm sorry if you thought different".

This time I began walking leaving a mildly surprised man behind and took off into the night with a leg aching sprint that left me gasping for air, the only thing running through my mind was the hope of making it on time I can't handle more torment today when my mind is still racing from my earlier encounter and almost death and the mysterious man with the gorgeous sword...will we meet again hopefully when I'm not pressed for time having adrenaline and fear rush through my veins.

I don't even know his name.