Chapter 18

Aolani

I closed the door to my mom's house and looked to my left to see the living room was empty. My mom told me she really needed to see me, I got out of my bed and rushed over here because I figured something happened. I heard a knock on the front door and I quickly opened it, I locked Shane out. See I'm not in my right mind right now, these babies take so much of my energy.

"Babe, slow down. I'm sure nothing is wrong"

"I know. I'm just really tired so my brain isn't functioning right. You know I get worried easily"

"Oh I know"

I'm officially sixteen weeks today and my bump is showing, I love it. They're all doing so good, I had my appointment yesterday. I got to see them again and it was amazing, I'm so in love with those three little faces already. All of their heartbeats are strong and they're growing how they should be.

I headed straight for the kitchen where I noticed my mom sitting at the kitchen table with her head down. When I got in there she looked up and got up and hugged me, she pulled away and rubbed my belly.

"How are they?"

"Great. I'm hoping they cooperate my next appointment so we can find out the gender"

"I'm hoping those are my boys"

"You and Shane with this all boys stuff. I want at least one girl, but I'll be happy either way. This might be my last pregnancy so I'm hoping I get both. If not I'm okay because my dreams finally came true"

She wiped the tear that fell, this whole pregnancy still feels like a dream. I'm waiting to be told that I was just dreaming because this is such a beautiful experience. It almost feels too good for me but I know this is what God had planned. This is what was meant for me so my thoughts like that aren't going to cloud my joy.

"I can't wait to see you become a mommy. This is such a joy filled moment. Those babies are going to be just beautiful. Have you thought of any names?"

"Yes. I have a few but I'm gonna wait until I know what they are before I tell anyone. But besides the babies why did you call me over here?"

"Mom whe-"

My mom smiled with hopeful eyes, I shook my head and sighed. It's been almost six months or longer since I've spoken to Nani. She has yet to apologize and admit her wrong, not that I expected her to. I don't hate her because she is my sister at the end of the day. But I don't have to associate myself with her, I wish her the best.

"Lani..."

Her eyes were glued to my stomach, she seemed shocked.. I hope so. I truly hope she feels stupid for what she said.

"You're pregnant"

"Mhmm.."

Shane walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around mine. I'm not going to beat her ass, I wish I could but I won't.

"Why did he walk up behind you like you wanna beat me up?"

"Maybe because I'd like to, but you're not worth my time. Plus my babies are far more important to me than smashing your face"

"Babies?"

"Yup, feeling dumb? You said it wouldn't happen and look at me now"

"I said that out of anger, I've apologized several times!"

"And each time I told you to shove your apology up your loose ass"

I noticed my mom looking sad in the corner, I don't wanna hurt her because I won't forgive Nani. But I really don't wanna pretend to enjoy her presence when I don't.