Chapter 5: Rules of Friendship

"I realized something." I heard someone saying. I turned my head to the right to find one of the twins sitting there. Judging by the slight craziness in the eyes, I would say that this was definitely Mason. But then again, I didn't really know either of the twins so I wasn't completely sure.

"And what did you realise?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow. It was apparently too early to be in the class since the warning bell hadn't even rang but I had nothing else to do. I did see Ellie and her friends but I didn't want to get too close to them all. I knew that my parents can change their minds at any given second and call for my return. That is of course, if they even remember me.

"I just realised that you are a nerd." He said, making me frown in confusion. He smirked at me as if he figured out my deepest and darkest secret. "Don't worry. I won't tell anyone." He added.

"How is being a nerd something that I should be embarrassed about? And how the hell did you come to that conclusion?" I asked him with a deep frown on my face.

According to me, being a nerd was something not everyone could do. At least I couldn't. Being a nerd meant leaving the alluring things that we all know that we shouldn't do. Being a nerd was knowing how studying is more important than partying even when everyone else was enjoying themselves at parties.

I certainly didn't have that much of self control. If I had an exam a week later, I'll procrastinate till the last moment. If I knew that I should be studying and my friends invited me for a movie or something, I couldn't resist the fun I might have with my friends.

Being a nerd isn't easy!

"It's not something to be embarrassed about but I still won't tell anyone if you don't want me to." He shrugged. "And to answer your second question, I saw how you left the chit-chat with the whole group on the hallway just so you could arrive here before the bell." He said with a smirk. I could tell that he was proud of how he noticed this.

"You know what? I think that you are either secretly a nerd too. I mean, you are here early too, aren't you?" I said with my eyes narrowed at the dumb boy. "Or maybe you are just obsessed with me." I added. He chuckled and shook his head before smirking at me.

"Option two is correct!" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at him. "You know, the way you came to the cafeteria with my clone, it really impressed me. I accept that I was scared but I'm not scared anymore." He explained.

"I thought the arm twisting might have taught you to stay away from me." I groaned as I turned to face the teacher's table even though the teacher wasn't in the class yet.

"I decided to forgive you for that. Since we are going to be friends, I realised that we need to forget about it and move on. I have a big heart and so you don't have to worry about the past feuds." He told me with a smile on his face.

I couldn't help as a small smile formed on my face as I saw his overly happy face. He looked almost like a kid on Christmas who was getting loads and loads of presents.

"If you have such a nice and big heart and you forgive people so easily, then why did you take your brother's note from the nurse's office when he twisted his ankle?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't you know? Siblings or clones should never be forgiven!" Mason told me in a serious tone. I chuckled as I shook my head at him.

"You are something else, Mason." I told him with a smile on my face. Mason grinned at that and pretended to tip over his hat.

"Thank you!" He said in an overly enthusiastic voice. "Anyways, now I would like to tell you rule number one of being a part of our group. Even if you are a temporary addition." He said becoming serious.