Chapter 4: Meeting the crew

"Hey!" I heard someone shout. I ignored it since I barely knew anyone here and it was lunch time so I assumed that someone was calling their friend. I shut my locker and started to walk to the ground to have my lunch.

Since I didn't really know anyone and I didn't even feel like trying to get to know anyone here, I realised that eating in the open field with my earphones on was really relaxing. I knew that there was a huge chance that I'll create some kind of trouble in the near future and will have to leave this town and move somewhere else. So, I was spending more time enjoying the weather that the town offered instead of making any friends who might make me feel bad when I eventually leave them and the town.

"Hey! New girl!" a voice shouted out, making me halt. From what I knew, I was the only new student in the school right now since getting into any school in the middle of the year was only possible if you had some serious connections. I turned around to find one of the blonde twins, Mason or Jason, waving and smiling at me. He rushed over to me and smiled at me.

This has to be Jason since there is no way that Mason will smile at me... Or even come anywhere near me for that matter...

"Jason?" I asked just to be on the safer side. He looked shocked for a moment before his smile came back.

"I honestly thought that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between me and Mace." Jason told me.

"Well, there was no way that Mason would come looking for me." I shrugged. Jason chuckled at that.

"Yeah, Mace told us about what happened and how you twisted his arm yesterday." Jason told me. "He's pretty scared of you." he added, making me chuckle.

"That was kinda what I wanted." I told him. "Anyways, I'm not trying to be rude but why were you shouting for me?" I asked.

"I actually wanted your help with something." Jason said, nervously as he scratched the back of his neck. I frowned at that.

"What can I do for you?" I asked him, curiously. "I don't even know my way around the school and I know absolutely no one here. How can I help you with anything?" I thought out loud.

"You see, Damien, my friend from the other day was right. Mason is my brother and even though he is a heartless idiot, I cannot hurt him. At least not physically." Jason started. I frowned at him as he paused for a second. "And since I didn't even get to thank you for helping me with my ankle yesterday, I was hoping to invite you to have lunch with me and my friends at the cafeteria." Jason explained.

I smirked as I realized what he's up to. Jason smiled nervously as he waited for my response. I chuckle at him.

"You want me to join you and your friends during lunch as a thank you and to scare Mason while doing that." I said. Jason shrugged.

"You are new here and judging by how I didn't see you in the cafeteria yesterday, I don't think you made any friends to sit with during lunch." Jason said. "It's a win-win situation." He added. I shook my head as I smirked at him.

"I like the way you think, Jason." I said. "I'm in!" I smiled. Jason's eyes literally showed his happiness as his smile grew bigger.

"Great! By the way, call me Jace. It'll make Mason think that we are really close friends." Jason told me.

"And that'll make him fear you." I chuckled. "Okay, Jace. I'm Penelope by the way. But you can call me Penny." I told him. He nodded his head.

"It's nice to have you on my side, Penny. Thanks for helping me!" Jason. said as we both started walking towards the cafeteria.

"It's my pleasure. Besides, Mason did seem like someone I would love to scare." I told him, making him chuckle.

As we entered the cafeteria, I saw that almost all the tables were taken. Then my eyes caught Mason who was sitting with his friends, taking the table in the middle of the cafeteria. Xander and Damien were there too with the other cheerleaders and guys wearing the varsity jackets.